Home

Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a **** About MMA"

This is a discussion on Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a **** About MMA" within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a **** About MMA"

Here's Peter Moore's reponse:

"I know there has been some recent discussion about EA Sports bringing a challenger to this sport. I love mixed martial arts, and we've been working on a game concept since I came to [EA] two years ago. I have great respect for the organizations and individuals that have invested in the sport's growth over the past decade – so this is one that is near and dear to me and I'm excited to see such good progress to date. I trace my MMA video game roots back to my support of Crave's UFC title on the Dreamcast in 2000, and have been a fan ever since. Our title will bring both innovation and further authenticity to mixed martial arts, not to mention a strong global publishing network that will help spread the sport's popularity around the world."

In other words, what Dana and Lorenzo are saying is probably very true. But since Peter Moore took over, things have changed somewhat. Too little, too late in the UFC's eyes.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #34
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Here's Peter Moore's reponse:

"I know there has been some recent discussion about EA Sports bringing a challenger to this sport. I love mixed martial arts, and we've been working on a game concept since I came to [EA] two years ago. I have great respect for the organizations and individuals that have invested in the sport's growth over the past decade – so this is one that is near and dear to me and I'm excited to see such good progress to date. I trace my MMA video game roots back to my support of Crave's UFC title on the Dreamcast in 2000, and have been a fan ever since. Our title will bring both innovation and further authenticity to mixed martial arts, not to mention a strong global publishing network that will help spread the sport's popularity around the world."

In other words, what Dana and Lorenzo are saying is probably very true. But since Peter Moore took over, things have changed somewhat. Too little, too late in the UFC's eyes.
but so what? THQ hit a home run with their game...it's not unfortunate at all in my eyes. When I compare the fighting in FN to UFC I'm thrilled THQ/Yukes was behind the game. To me it's one of the "things happen for a reason" types of situations.

I wonder who's going to develop EA's mma game? For some reason I can picture future press releases - "we've brough our hugely successful FN engine into our MMA game. Our heralded counter system is in the game too.." etc etc.
that would suck.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
I don't get why poeple say it's not a port or it won't catch on. Even a few years ago the UFC was growing pretty fast. Sucks EA missed their chance but it's their own fault if these statements are true (which I think they are). They treated the UFC just like ESPN does, talk about how its just chaos and there's no skill to it. Sad. Oh well though maybe EA can still maek a good game and hopefully THQ continues to build their already promising franchise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
Yes on Sportscenter. This was pretty much the first time that UFC was their main topic for a few days. Watch Any other show on ESPN and they talk about how all it is is bloodshed and chaos and how people shouldn't watch it because its inhumane. I really enjoy ESPN, but it seems like when UFC or Soccer are on the network, 80% of the people who talk about it hate it even though they know nothing about it at all. Also they really need to work on getting the terms of MMA down since they are finally starting to except that it is growing. Watching their highlights and listening to their commentary on it was painful. Honestly I think if they got more experts in these sports, they'd sound a lot smarter in this area instead of bashing it with minimal knowledge like they do now.
ESPN has been showing UFC love since UFC 91 I believe. A weekly MMA show on the internet. You make it sound like ESPN bashes the sport these days.

Good for Dana and the UFC, EA really screwed themselves on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #36
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

I would like it much better if EA did a game of Pride or another organization. I would like to fight with other fighters...maybe a Mousasi, Fedor, etc.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadKingpin
It still tickles me how everyone still makes EA out to be the bad guy in the whole NFL License deal. In all honesty,you could(and should be) blaming the NFL for putting the license up for grabs in the first place. 2K Sports had their chance for it and they passed on it,EA Sports didn't.

As far as what Dana White is doing,I think alot of you are hypocrites. When EA Sports pulls that stunt,you're all over them for it. Now Dana is doing it and everybody is "you go Dana" What happened to competition is good for business. Or is that just a line people use when EA Sports is holding all the cards?
2K NEVER had the kind of money EA had/has. Ridiculous to say 2K "could've" locked up exclusive NFL rights. Hypocrites? Why? Because EA didn't think MMA was a sport back then and now since it's making money and blowing up they want a piece of the cake? Okay. Your post doesn't even make sense. With or without the UFC license, EA will make their game. I'm just glad they shot themselves in the foot.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 32
Dana White is a gangsta... LOL. "Bow down EA, bow down..." Ha, I really am looking forward to see who EA tries to get a hold of......
Old 07-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 12

2K NEVER had the kind of money EA had/has. Ridiculous to say 2K "could've" locked up exclusive NFL rights.

Where did I say 2k could have locked up exclusive rights? I never said that,all I basically said was that whole deal didn't go down the way people on these forums like to tell it. But oh I forgot,the story sounds a whole lot better when it's told the way people on these forums tell it. ****in idiot.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #40
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Chilllllllll Winston.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »