Home

UFC 101: Declaration - August 8th in Philadelphia

This is a discussion on UFC 101: Declaration - August 8th in Philadelphia within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 23
Re: UFC 101: Declaration - August 8th in Philadelphia

The Forrest fight should be sick. I really don't see Anderson toying with him like he has done with everyone else. Forrest is HUGE is person, like a HW so size should play a big role. I think Forrest has a good shot at beating Silva.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 29

You know - I like Forrest a lot, but I think he's going to get steam rolled. He seems kind of inconsistent to me, and I think he's slightly overrated as a fighter. He did well against Rampage, but Rampage is also looking fairly one-dimensional lately.

Against Evans he was just doing the same leg kick stuff, and while it worked for a while, as soon as he got caught it was just over.

Then there's Jardine who's extremely inconsistent, and he just railed off on Forrest.

While I like Forrest, I think he's really a back and forth guy - and if he isn't 100% ready to go, I think Silva is just going to take him out. He's not going to just take leg kicks, so Forrest is going to have to find another method of attack, and I think he if tries to go in swinging, Silva is going to clobber him - and I think if it goes to the ground, he's going to have to be very careful not to let Silva catch him with something.

I really think Silva's just going to run through him.

I kind of hope I'm wrong, though - because it'd be great to see someone like Forrest get that boost.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
I mean I know the fight wasn't a good one but I just have never seen that before. But I deleted the post cause I forgot that he was on the undercard in his fight before Silva. So after seeing that I guess it's not that big of problem lol.
It happens....rarely. Fitch was on the undercard against Gono after his fight with GSP. In his case Fitch pissed Dana off by not signing the video game agreement.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #20

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

In a perfect world Forrest pulls the upset and Penn destroys Florian. You going to lose your mind Timmay if Florian just gets manhandled and beat up? I hope so since according to you Penn is "extremely overrated", which couldnt be further from the case.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
In a perfect world Forrest pulls the upset and Penn destroys Florian. You going to lose your mind Timmay if Florian just gets manhandled and beat up? I hope so since according to you Penn is "extremely overrated", which couldnt be further from the case.
Not at all - it's a fight and anyone can lose. And yes, he's overrated.

The man has to drop to 155 because he can't hack 170. Then he wins the title after one fight, and defends it once, and then suddenly people think he even deserves to step in the octagon with GSP (who of course absolutely destroys him)?

He's overrated. He's a great fighter - but he's certainly not as good as so many people seem to think he is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #22
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm taking KenFlo and Griffen.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #23
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll go with Florian and Silva. And all the props in the world to Mark Coleman for beating that bum Stephan Bonnar who no longer deserves to be in the UFC but will no doubt continue because he's Dana's little baby.

Steroids, crappy UFC record, looks like Lord Stephen Regal. Get rid of him!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

He didnt have to drop down to 155 because he couldnt hack it, 155 is his natural weight class, thats like saying sherk dropped because he couldnt hack it or saying KenFlo dropped to 155 because he couldnt hack it at 185 or 170, same with diego (granted 170 is more natural for him, he's just smaller than a lot of the elite contenders) or saying Rashad dropped to 205 because he couldnt hack it as a heavyweight...hell, Rashad could probably make 185 if he wanted to. BJ was the 170 champ, the reason he got the rematch with GSP was because he had put on a clinic starting with Pulver, then going right through Sherk and Stevenson. At the time, Florian wasnt considered to be a worthy challenger and the money was in a rematch of a very close, VERY controversial fight between two of the best fighters in the sport, both of whom were/are the WW champ. The only reason BJ moved up to 170 in the first place was that the UFC disbanded their 155 division. Also, at the time, there wasnt really a #1 contender for GSP's title. It was the perfect time to set up the rematch both becuase of the fighters' situations and because of the inevitable cash cow that was the rematch. Based on your given reason for Penn being overrated, Rashad, Sherk, Diego, KenFlo, Penn, Couture, Franklin, Bisping, Henderson, and Wanderlei are all overrated

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »