Home

UFC & Affliction Merged!

This is a discussion on UFC & Affliction Merged! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: UFC & Affliction Merged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

It's one thing to think he's a d-bag but to even assert that he won't be validated because he never fought for the UFC makes me cringe. Now I know you don't think that but from some of the posts I've read over this past year here on OS and other forums I feel like people are taking their distaste a bit far.

You are right about that. I've got friends who have only heard his name used in conversation and think he's ducking and that he's scared. I also hear a TON of steroid/mob talk on the internet when people want to bash him. It's really ridiculous. I don't know how many of the bashers could pick him out of a lineup of one....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 02:10 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 16

If Fedor actually turned down that offer, I mean, I can't even imagine it. Yet I'm not putting it past him or his management. Before M-1 Global, I wouldn't have imagined someone insisting the UFC co-promote shows with a two-bit promotion as a condition to sign a fighter.

But if he actually turned that down, it would undoubtedly tarnish his legacy to me. I won't say he'd be ducking anyone, but in the general sense, he'd be pretty close to the line by putting silly business demands that far ahead of challenging himself as a fighter. I mean, Lesnar, Couture, and Carwin, and probably Velasquez would be some of the biggest challenges of his career, and for him to avoid fighting those guys in spite of that offer? Wow.

But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, though. But that benefit of the doubt is wearing very, very thin when it comes to M-1 Global.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Who cares what the masses think? They're mostly ********.

Who in the UFC can he beat that would be that much better than say Strikeforce?

Wherever he goes there's going to be the same amount of fights that can enhance his legacy.

Are you serious? Strikeforce has 1 legitimate HW in Overeem. A guy who hasnt fought there in almost 2 yrs. Rogers has one big win and no one considers him a top HW. In the UFC, you have a Couture fight, a Mir fight, a Lesner fight. You also have young HWs in Cain and Carwin who could be legit 3-4 fights from now.

Strikeforce can give him one fight against Overeem and then no one will give a **** anymore. I like Fedor alot but lets not act as if his legacy will be the same if he fights in Strikeforce or in Dream.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowack
http://insidefights.com/2009/07/29/t...r-emelianenko/

If this is true, then can we all just vow to never say this guys name again? If he's not in the UFC, he's not relevant. I wish the guy would either sign or sambo into the sunset...

I dont believe the 6 fight, 30 mil number. Especially if thats a guarantee. One thats way more than Affliction was paying him. Plus Dana doesnt do business like that. What happens if Brock beats him? Dana's going to have to pay Brock over 5 mil a fight?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #45
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Are you serious? Strikeforce has 1 legitimate HW in Overeem. A guy who hasnt fought there in almost 2 yrs. Rogers has one big win and no one considers him a top HW. In the UFC, you have a Couture fight, a Mir fight, a Lesner fight. You also have young HWs in Cain and Carwin who could be legit 3-4 fights from now.

Strikeforce can give him one fight against Overeem and then no one will give a **** anymore. I like Fedor alot but lets not act as if his legacy will be the same if he fights in Strikeforce or in Dream.
We'll see how Randy looks but I honestly don't too much care for a fight with he and Fedor. Randy is damn near 50.

Mir and Lesnar sure those fights I'd like to see maybe with Kongo thrown in. Outside of those it's pretty much meh.

Cain and Carwin you could say the same thing you said about Rogers.

My point is the UFC may have the "best" HW division but is it really saying much and would it really effect Fedor's legacy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
We'll see how Randy looks but I honestly don't too much care for a fight with he and Fedor. Randy is damn near 50.

Mir and Lesnar sure those fights I'd like to see maybe with Kongo thrown in. Outside of those it's pretty much meh.

Cain and Carwin you could say the same thing you said about Rogers.

My point is the UFC may have the "best" HW division but is it really saying much and would it really effect Fedor's legacy.
You cant say the same thing about Cain and Carwin. Thats because they are in the UFC and have the ability to fight other big fighters and build their names. Lets say Cain beats Carwin in his next fight and then beats someone like Nog....all of a sudden people are talking about him being a top 5 HW because he has wins over Kongo, Nog and Carwin.

Rogers doesnt have that option. There are 2 interesting HW in Strikeforce. Rogers and Overeem. If Fedor signs with SF, his first fight will be against Overeem. Who is Rogers going to use to build up his name? Werdum? I cant even think of another HW in Strikeforce. Do you really think SF can sell a Fedor/Rogers PPV w/ Rogers only having 1 significant win? I dont.

Last edited by aholbert32; 07-30-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #47
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

Am getting tried of Fedor and his crap mangement, Fedor stop hiding from Lesner.. Man up you ain't beat no one worth talking about till you fight Lesner.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #48
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

If he doesn't sign with UFC then the guy clearly has no interest in fighting top competition.

Sign with UFC and have a chance at securing your incredible legacy, or sign with Strikeforce and remain irrelevant to the masses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »