Home

UFC 2009 Undisputed Patch Available

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Undisputed Patch Available within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #33
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: UFC Undisputed Patch UP

I had someone quit, i still got the win. i decided to not be the bigger man and send them a message saying THAT **** DOESNT WORK ANYMORE *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sorry the quitting had been so rampant and I had so many wins robbed from me.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 10

I think submissions are much more manageable now, especially if you have an upper-tier BJJ user.

I used BJ Penn and Demian Maia and locked on triangles from mount with relative ease, and I didn't have to burn my skin to do so. (My opponents were Tyson Griffin and Nate Marquardt). I used Shogun vs Rashad, and when I locked on a triangle from mount and numerous other submissions, Rashad managed to power out of them.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #35
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Whoo, I'm back baby! 3-0, 2 subs, 1 GnP from mount (GSP quit glitch whore, had like 122 DNFs)... he didn't bail on me because I guess he already tried and saw what the result was. Haha, I love it... the ***-whoopin' factory is back at full speed.

I didn't realize how much the rampant quitting killed the enjoyment of the game for me... I'm sitting here smiling after reversing the living **** out of that GSP guy and KOing him in Round 2. The other guys were actually cool and not Superman punch garbage mofos, but I choked them out anyway haha.. ranked dudes jump up and get beat down.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 10:11 PM   #36
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

when are we ps3 users get to have this patch
Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #37
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

Word. I hate that bull**** where companies will release a patch for one console before releasing it across all platforms. Same with the COD 4 maps where they were released on consoles before they were out on PC.

Cue generic "it's easier to develop on the 360!" response.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:31 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbly32
Cue generic "it's easier to develop on the 360!" response.
Well, that and the fact that twice as many copies of Undisputed were sold on the 360 than on the PS3, so it makes some sense that they might prioritize the 360 version a little more.

I can't imagine the PS3 patch will be too far behind, though. It's not like they did anything ground-breaking with this patch.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #39
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Well, that and the fact that twice as many copies of Undisputed were sold on the 360 than on the PS3, so it makes some sense that they might prioritize the 360 version a little more.

I can't imagine the PS3 patch will be too far behind, though. It's not like they did anything ground-breaking with this patch.
Now THAT would really piss me the hell off. Let someone at THQ make it known that they put priority on the 360 patch over PS3 because it sold more and they will lose me as a customer forever. As if my sixty dollars are worth less than the sixty paid by a 360 owner.

And while technically there may not be anything revolutionary in the patch, ask all of the guys in this thread (some of which literally stopped playing the game) how important it was for THQ to fix the disconnect issue.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbly32
Now THAT would really piss me the hell off. Let someone at THQ make it known that they put priority on the 360 patch over PS3 because it sold more and they will lose me as a customer forever. As if my sixty dollars are worth less than the sixty paid by a 360 owner.

And while technically there may not be anything revolutionary in the patch, ask all of the guys in this thread (some of which literally stopped playing the game) how important it was for THQ to fix the disconnect issue.
Which is why they would have wanted to get it out to as many people as possible as soon as possible.

I get why you'd be a bit upset (though I do think you're overreacting) considering you're on the short end of this one, but it's just business. As an extreme example, let's say I'm having problems with the game freezing. Should they devote just as many resources to solving my problem as they should to solving the disconnect problem that affects at least hundreds of thousands? After all, is my $60 worth less than those people's $60?

Again, it's an extreme example, but it illustrates the point. It's just good business to devote appropritate resources to the problems that affect the most people. And this patch affects twice as many people on the 360 than it does on the PS3.

But again, the PS3 patch shouldn't be too far behind. This is a relatively minor (in terms of programming) patch, so it shouldn't take too long to get it up and running on the PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »