Home

Penn accuses GSP of using steroids

This is a discussion on Penn accuses GSP of using steroids within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #41
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Penn accuses GSP of using steroids

I have met GSP lol.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
Also, if anyone knows GSP enough to make these kind of claims, BJ Penn has much more credibility than everyone here combined. I don't think anyone posting here has even met GSP, let alone fought him.
BJ Penn has credibility? The dude has excuses after every freaking loss. When Hughes beat him, it was because Penn injured himself. The first time GSP beat him, Penn actually won the fight. When Pulver beat him, Penn called it a fluke and literally developed a personal hatred for Pulver that didn't go away until he choked out Pulver five years later. And when GSP beat him the second time, it was because GSP might have had a tiny amount of vasoline on his back for a round or two, and when that didn't stick, it was because he's on steroids.

Penn is a notoriously poor loser. He's never once owned up to getting beat. And you're saying he's got any credibility when it comes to a guy that beat him? He's never trained with GSP, he's never trained with anyone that's trained with GSP, the two guys aren't friends, and BJ is very proficient in making excuses after losses, and you're saying BJ has credibility about this?

That's incredible.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #43
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
BJ Penn has credibility? The dude has excuses after every freaking loss. When Hughes beat him, it was because Penn injured himself. The first time GSP beat him, Penn actually won the fight. When Pulver beat him, Penn called it a fluke and literally developed a personal hatred for Pulver that didn't go away until he choked out Pulver five years later. And when GSP beat him the second time, it was because GSP might have had a tiny amount of vasoline on his back for a round or two, and when that didn't stick, it was because he's on steroids.

Penn is a notoriously poor loser. He's never once owned up to getting beat. And you're saying he's got any credibility when it comes to a guy that beat him? He's never trained with GSP, he's never trained with anyone that's trained with GSP, the two guys aren't friends, and BJ is very proficient in making excuses after losses, and you're saying BJ has credibility about this?

That's incredible.
Well said

I guess he has met BJ Penn so that makes him more credible.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #44

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit

That's incredible.
1. Penn did hurt his ribs in that fight with Hughes and it was shown all over the internet in various forums with photo evidence to back it up.

2. The first time GSP fought Penn it went to a decision so its not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he felt he won, just the same as GSP probably felt he won. How can you possibly hold it against Penn when he felt he won that decision, there are people online who feel the same way. Now if this was a 5 round massacre and he still said that then I would understand but it wasnt.

3. The entire Pulver thing being brought up is a damn joke. Pulver beat him back when he was young and on the rise, he got beat and he wanted to get some revenge on the guy that beat him, what the hell is wrong with that? Penn isnt the first guy to be vocal about wanting to beat a guy who had beaten him previously, didnt Rampage and Chuck get into this as well? Shamrock and Tito? Arlovski and Sylvia? Most recently Lesnar and Mir? Nobody gives a **** until Penn's name is involved and then suddenly its a problem I guess.

4. Cant argue with the whole GSP and vaseline angle as I thought it was a riduclous claim so cant say much to defend him here.

With all that being said, you sure as hell sound like someone who doesnt like Penn and is just finding anything you can to pile on.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #45

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Well said

I guess he has met BJ Penn so that makes him more credible.
Ohh the irony, he hasnt met him so how could he possibly know anything about Penn but yet you havent met him and have no problems making your own assumptions. Congrats,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #46
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Ohh the irony, he hasnt met him so how could he possibly know anything about Penn but yet you havent met him and have no problems making your own assumptions. Congrats,
Assumptions? How do you know if I have or have not met anyone including Penn? I think you are making assumptions

With that said, I don't want BJ to lose tonight as Kenny has talked more crap than he can back up. BJ will bring it tonight! I just want BJ to stop making excuses and lose with dignity. Learn and comeback stronger.

Just like GSP was all talk in the beginning and allowed his mouth to move without thinking, BJ is slowly coming around. It just made me mad the other day to hear the garbage about GSP instead of just flat out saying what happened during the fight.

1) BJ went up in weight class. He unfortunately added fat instead of muscle and I don't think he trained as hard as he could have.

2) BJ's tank ran dry by the end of the 2nd round. Once again, his conditioning was not up to par.

I like Kenflo but I don't think he is ready for greatness just yet.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

The Chef just answered that reply much more articulately than I could have.

All I'm saying is people are in love with GSP and see him as this guy that can do no wrong. It's like some people have some type of personal relationship with the guy and flip out when someone says something negative about the guy.

All I'm saying is that when it comes to assessing what MMA fighters have and have not taken steroids, a guy who is in the sport and has fought the accused more than once has much more credibility in making any sort of claim than anyone that is posting here, regardless of his personality or past history. It's not like BJ is some chronic liar or something...I mean, he's made excuses and stuff, but all athletes have. The call for BJ's blood after he makes a claim like this is just strange.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
All I'm saying is that when it comes to assessing what MMA fighters have and have not taken steroids, a guy who is in the sport and has fought the accused more than once has much more credibility in making any sort of claim than anyone that is posting here, regardless of his personality or past history.
Why? How does fighting a guy give someone insight into whether or not that guy uses steroids? Seriously.

It's like you're trying to back-door that there might be some evidence involved. Like since BJ's fought him he could tell he was on steroids. Or since BJ's in the sport he's heard things from reliable sources.

But BJ himself said he has no evidence.

And the reason people have gotten on BJ about this is because allegations like these are toxic. If an athlete nowadays gets the stigma of using steroids, that sticks, and that tarnishes that athlete's legacy (not to mention the numerous financial ramifications i.e. fewer sponsorships, endorsements, etc.). And for BJ to just throw around allegations like these, even when he himself has said he has zero evidence, it's ridiculously irresponsible, and he deserves every ounce of **** he catches for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »