Home

Rampage Trashes Forrest Griffin For Running

This is a discussion on Rampage Trashes Forrest Griffin For Running within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Rampage Trashes Forrest Griffin For Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Was anyone really pissed off that Forrest didn't give a post-fight interview? Come on.
Yes - a lot of people have been. Have you not been reading any MMA forums since the fight? No one was pissed necessarily about no interview, but about not staying and waiting the decision out.

Quote:
And what does he have to explain? He got his *** kicked in a humiliating fight and he didn't feel like sticking around.
He doesn't have to explain anything, but he should say something. Fans are befuddled by this incident, and he owes it to them to man up and say something.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 08-14-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I was. I was at the fight, screaming to others that it was low class. Everybody sticks around for the decision. He didnt have to give an interview but to run out of the ring is pathetic. Ive been watching MMA for 5+ years and have never seen a top level fighter do that. Especially someone who is pratically the face of the UFC.
Yeah, everyone at the bar was pissed at Forrest, total bitch move IMO. I don't mind that he gave up and didn't want to get hit anymore, I don't blame him there, but you don't run off and skip the decision like that.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Rookie

Bona Fide's Arena

OVR: 6

I am really surprised anyone gave a ****. Guy got emtional and left. Probably not the most "respectable" thing to do but oh well. It's not like Anderson cared.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fide
I am really surprised anyone gave a ****. Guy got emtional and left. Probably not the most "respectable" thing to do but oh well. It's not like Anderson cared.
I know, I can't believe anyone was honestly upset about that. I think it's more like, "Well, Forrest shouldn't have done that, but I've got some sort of agenda, so I'm gonna act all outraged". The guy didn't stick around for a freaking decision.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
I know, I can't believe anyone was honestly upset about that. I think it's more like, "Well, Forrest shouldn't have done that, but I've got some sort of agenda, so I'm gonna act all outraged". The guy didn't stick around for a freaking decision.

Not for me. I didnt have an agenda at all. I would have been happy if Forrest or Silva won. I was actually ****ing shocked and my first reaction was it was classless. Nobody does that in MMA. Even people who get knocked the **** out stay for the decision. I didnt need an interview. What the hell was he going to say? But he should have stayed for the decision.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not for me. I didnt have an agenda at all. I would have been happy if Forrest or Silva won. I was actually ****ing shocked and my first reaction was it was classless. Nobody does that in MMA. Even people who get knocked the **** out stay for the decision. I didnt need an interview. What the hell was he going to say? But he should have stayed for the decision.
Don't get me wrong, I've got no issue if someone disapproves or thinks Forrest was wrong for what he did.

I'm talking about people that were genuinely pissed off about it. If someone was actually upset that Forrest left early, I'm blown away.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fide
The best way to handle a loss is to terrorize surburbia, crash into other vehicles, and cause the death of an unborn baby while running from the cops in an energy drink induced psychosis IMHO. And I think Rampage would agree with me on that.
It's all Griffin's fault for getting that BS decision over Rampage to begin with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

didnt florian run out of the ring too?

i dont remember seeing him around for the decision and no one is saying anything about him. im a big florian fan too and i thought it was weird to have two classy guys like kenny and forrest just leave the ring once the fight was over. i was disappointed by both of their reactions

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »