Home

The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights

This is a discussion on The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #601
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights

I don't think McSweeney got in trouble, because like other guys said on here, it was a quick little scuffle, and also McSweeney just tried to settle him down, getting him into a choke and trying to talk him down.

This season's fighting wasn't the greatest, but I've actually enjoyed watching it.

Team Rampage painting Rashad's locker room pink was hilarious. The way Rampage was snuggling the bear was cracking me up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 05:00 AM   #602
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
- Based on the ratings, the UFC has to keep Kimbo Slice around. He may suck as a fighter but he attracts interest. If he gets destroyed by Houston the UFC could still put him in a match vs. Petruzelli. If he gets by Houston the UFC should give him someone like Al Turk.

- Overall I thought the season wasn't good. The majority of the fights sucked and the trash talk involving the coaches didn't do much for me since the fight was cancelled. As the season went on, I found myself ff'ing more and more. I got bored.
Well said. I didnt like Kimbo at first. But hes no bitch. Hes willing to take on any and all challenges to get into this sport. Back in the day when you watched his internet fights and his first few professional fights I think it was easy to get the wrong impression of this guy. When overall, he is really humble and knows where hes at in this sport and what he deserves. He earned Danas respect too, regardless of what people think. I think Kimbo is a little bit too old to start learning the things that he doesnt know. I think he would fair a little better as a boxer.

But as for the show. I dont think any of these fighters will have any success against the top tier heavyweights in the UFC. Roy Nelson is easily the best overall HW on the show. He and Ben Rothwell are in the same mold. And the up and comer Velesquez completely obliterated Rothwell. That fight alone shows me where any of the TUF HW will stand in the UFC. I think if Marcus Jones gets a little more experience, he could end up as the best product from this show.

And I do think that the Rampage-Rashad fight will happen in 2010. I dont care what either party has said. And I think Dana White also knows that this fight will happen.

Im so tired of Rashad Evans.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #603
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Well said. I didnt like Kimbo at first. But hes no bitch. Hes willing to take on any and all challenges to get into this sport.
You did see him turn down a fight because of some arthritis, right?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #604
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I like Kimbo more now than I did before. Seems like a decent guy and the hype was just all EliteXC...
Old 12-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #605
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
You did see him turn down a fight because of some arthritis, right?
Man, that came off as so staged to me. It was just a way to keep Kimbo relevant on the show by teasing that he may fight. Once they knew Mitrione was going to fight, they needed to do something to put Kimbo on TV and this is what they came up with.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #606
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Man, that came off as so staged to me. It was just a way to keep Kimbo relevant on the show by teasing that he may fight. Once they knew Mitrione was going to fight, they needed to do something to put Kimbo on TV and this is what they came up with.
That makes no sense.

If they wanted to stage something, Dana would have pulled Kimbo aside and said something like, "Kimbo, I know how awesome you are, I know how you want to fight no matter what, even if you had a broken knee I know you'd want to throw, but unfortunately we didn't have a spot open up for you."

They wouldn't have Kimbo tell Dana that he doesn't want to fight because of some arthritis.

Some of you guys have gone a little crazy with the "it's all staged/editing tricks" stuff.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #607
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Agreed. Clearly Kimbo didn't want another loss on his record, especially if it came due to him not feeling up to par. Especially when another loss might basically seal the deal on him being a professional fighter that's actually taken seriously and has huge moneymaking potential instead of just being a glorified side show for some crappy promotion yet to be named.

Can't blame him. Hopefully he's feeling better about the knee for Saturday, because I want to see him do well. The show make me geuinely like the guy -- he seems level-headed and humble, he's funny, and he seems like a hard-wokring guy who is just trying to deal with all this hype and the expectations placed upon him by outside forces.

They definitely led the viewer to think Kimbo will fight again (why wouldn't they?), but I don't think that interaction was part of that at all...
Old 12-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #608
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttype
I don't think McSweeney got in trouble, because like other guys said on here, it was a quick little scuffle, and also McSweeney just tried to settle him down, getting him into a choke and trying to talk him down.

This season's fighting wasn't the greatest, but I've actually enjoyed watching it.

Team Rampage painting Rashad's locker room pink was hilarious. The way Rampage was snuggling the bear was cracking me up.
He threw a punch and kicked him. I think White let it slide because he wanted Roy to get whooped. That or there would be no decent replacement for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »