Home

Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS!

This is a discussion on Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #49
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
That's a low blow. I was a Fedor fan wayyyy before he became so popular. Yea, there have been a lot of bandwagoner's by the new comer's.
Didn't mean it as a low blow, just tired of guys here and in person who constantly go "Fedor Fedor Fedor" whenever anyone mentions UFC or MMA.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #50
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

It seems everyone is down on these fights. I agree that the matchups look a bit one sided but they are not horrible and Strikeforce is doing a decent job with the talent they have on the roster. Fedor should win but its a fight and Brett always has a punchers chance, that is what make it and MMA so exciting. There are other good fighters that excite me on the card. I love Mayhem, he is always entertainning. Sheilds is probably too big a challenge but it will be entertainning. I think most are under rating Miller. He fought the old GSP tough. He has had tough fights. It is too bad the last fight with Jacre ended how it ended. I'm pumped for Saturday night but even more so since I'm attending the fight.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #51
Rookie

Bona Fide's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I watched this last night. Really nothing special if you didn't get to see it. I'm probably the biggest Fedor fan there is and i don't like this match-up at all.

It looks like Rodgers has gotten into better and better shape with each fight and is taking his trainning seriously. There is no doubt that this guy can punch like a wrecking ball and that worries the hell outa me with the way Fedor carries his hands low and throws them looping punches. Not to mention Fedor is going to be giving up 50 to 55lbs.

If Fedor can't get him to the ground and get a tap out i don't see how he can win this fight. Even if he does get this guy to the ground it's going to be hard giving up that much weight.

If Fedor losses this fight it's going to be a bad day for MMA. A loss would make B Lesnar the best HW in the world and that's just laughable imo. I really wanted to see that fight with Carwin. That would have been a tuff fight just for the fact Lesnar wouldn't have been able to lay on him and get the win.

If Rodgers wins i see Dana signing Rodgers and Fedor is going to be left out to dry.
Fedor has fought bigger guys before. He's fought better strikers before. He's fought better ground fighters before. How the hell are you worried about Rogers?

And why is it a sad day for MMA if Fedor loses? So what if Brock Lesnar is #1 HW? It's a shame because he used to do WWE? And he has only had one decision in his career. His last two fights were stoppages in the 2nd round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If Fedor loses...its a great day for MMA. One, it gives Strikeforce a PPV level rematch. Two, Rogers is signed for 2 more fights with SF so he isnt going to the UFC anytime soon. Three, it kills Fedor's leverage and he has to negotiate realistically with the UFC...no more bs with M1 wanting to copromote.
No way you could promote a Rogers-Fedor rematch on PPV. Especially if Fedor loses his first fight in front of a wide American audience. Also Rogers is signed to Strikeforce in a multi-fight deal, so he wouldn't be leaving any time soon.

Quote:
That's a low blow. I was a Fedor fan wayyyy before he became so popular. Yea, there have been a lot of bandwagoner's by the new comer's.

I don't know if this deal is a bad as everyone thinks. We all wanted to see Fedor vs Lesnar, but besides that fight there is really nothing to see unless maybe a Silva or Machida would jump class imo.

Imo this Rodgers fight is every bit as dangerous for Fedor, maybe even more so than fighting Lesnar. If Fedor wins he still has Overeem. After that i don't see no real competition, but by then Fedor only has one more fight with Strikeforce.

What i'm saying is Fedor rejecting the UFC may be the best thing that could have happened for the fans. We would have never seen these fights without the Strikeforce deal and Lesnar isn't going no where.

I'll put up Fedor, Rodgers, Overeem against any 3 HW's in the UFC.
Just because you've been a fan forever doesn't make you any less obnoxious. And Rogers is as dangerous to Fedor as Lesnar?!?! Please come back to reality. You're just trying to build up Rogers so when Fedor wins you can say "Oh wow what a great win by Fedor!" SF HW division is not as talented as the UFC's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
No offense, but you're crazy.

Fedor is obviously great. But putting Rodgers against any HW in the UFC? The guy is a one-dimensional power striker. There's no reason to believe he's anything other than Strikeforce's version of Cheick Kongo.

And Overeem was a second-tier LHW. Taking a bunch of steroids and fighting some cans doesn't make him a great HW.

There's just no denying that Fedor being in Strikeforce is disappointing. He's certainly got a couple decent heavyweights to fight (at least better than fighting Sylvia and Lindland), but those Strikeforce heavyweights are not equal to the UFC's heavyweights.
The way Overeem has been performing in K-1, and the size he's put on makes me really interested to see him fight Fedor. It's not like there are a ton of other options, and he has me curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #52
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I wonder about the finances if Fedor loses. He won and managed to sink Affliction.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #53
Rookie

Bona Fide's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah but Fedor was Affliction's only draw pretty much. I think SF has the known talent to sustain itself while trying to turn Fedor into a big draw.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fide
Fedor has fought bigger guys before. He's fought better strikers before. He's fought better ground fighters before. How the hell are you worried about Rogers?

Yea, there captian obvious. Rodgers striking power is dangerous to ANYONE.

And why is it a sad day for MMA if Fedor loses? So what if Brock Lesnar is #1 HW? It's a shame because he used to do WWE? And he has only had one decision in his career. His last two fights were stoppages in the 2nd round.

Because Lesnar is not a well rounded fighter yet and he's just laying on people with his size advantage.

Just because you've been a fan forever doesn't make you any less obnoxious. And Rogers is as dangerous to Fedor as Lesnar?!?! Please come back to reality. You're just trying to build up Rogers so when Fedor wins you can say "Oh wow what a great win by Fedor!" SF HW division is not as talented as the UFC's.

Who in the hell are you calling obnoxious and for what reason? I'm not trying to do crap but giving respect to Rodgers which he deserves. He is undefeated and looks to be getting better and better.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 8

Oh and by the way i never said the talent in the HW division is as deep as the UFC. I said " I'd put the top 3 HW's for SF against the top 3 HW's from the UFC."

I'd give Fedor, Overeem and Rodgers as good a chance as anyone from the UFC against Lesnar even more so with Fedor by a longgg shot. I would also give Rodgers a good chance at 285 lbs with his striking power. Overeem would be no walk in the park either.

Mir is #2 in the UFC and he's beat no one besides and over the hill Nog and Tank Abbott. I know Fedor would beat him and it wouldn't suprise me if Overeem or Rodgers could also.

At #3 you got Nog probably and he needs to retire along with Couture and Cro Crop. Fedor has done beat him and i feel confident he would do it again. I'll say the same about Overeem and Rodgers chances against Nog also at this point in his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #56
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
It's just amusing cause if Rogers was put up against Brock, the Fedor people would be whining about how he hasn't earned a title shot...

Just hilarious when Fedor fans bash UFC guys (Sylvia, Arlovski) as well as the UFC heavyweight division bashing, but when they face Fedor they're suddenly "unbeatable former UFC champions who provide Fedor his biggest test to date"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »