Home

Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS!

This is a discussion on Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #65
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS!

Here's the current odds:

Verdum -150
Silva +120

Mousasi -650
Sokoudjou +450

Shields -295
Miller +235

Fedor -635
Rogers +425

Almost all the bets are going towards Fedor. There's really no money involved in picking him to win unless you're willing to do a big parlay or bet a high amount.

I'm going to put money towards Rogers. I'm trying to decide if I should just go with the Rogers moneyline or do a 2 fight parlay with Rogers with either Shields or Miller.

Anybody here think Miller has a good chance of beating Shields?

I've watched highlights but I've never seen a full fight from anybody on this card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 01:31 AM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
Here's the current odds:

Verdum -150
Silva +120

Mousasi -650
Sokoudjou +450

Shields -295
Miller +235

Fedor -635
Rogers +425

Almost all the bets are going towards Fedor. There's really no money involved in picking him to win unless you're willing to do a big parlay or bet a high amount.

I'm going to put money towards Rogers. I'm trying to decide if I should just go with the Rogers moneyline or do a 2 fight parlay with Rogers with either Shields or Miller.

Anybody here think Miller has a good chance of beating Shields?

I've watched highlights but I've never seen a full fight from anybody on this card.

I put 50 on Rogers when the line was +450. I dont think Miller has a chance in hell of beating Shields but I;ve only seen him fight in Dream.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:07 AM   #67
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Where do you guys usually bet online?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #68
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8

Brett Rogers finally understands why Fedor Emeliaenko is top dog - Josh Gross - SI.com

"I look into his eyes and I see nothing. I don't see if he's serious. I don't see if he's trying to be funny. I can't sense anything from him. A lot of people say, 'Don't pay attention to his demeanor because it will psyche you out.' It's true. I feel that."

In his past interviews he was very confident that he would walk in and KO Fedor in round 1.

Looks like he's realizing what he got himself into. Wrong time for him to have that realization. He did a good job ignoring it all up until this point.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Where do you guys usually bet online?
Bodog.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

I hope Fedor gets K'd the F out !
Old 11-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 8

Did anyone catch the 30 min special on Showtime about this fight? I could have swore Rodgers kept saying he was 285. He made 2 or 3 statements to this effect. He actually weighed in at 264 and that's more like what i thought he weighed.

Anyhow, i'm just bringing this up because earlier in the thread i made the comment Fedor would be giving up 50 to 55 lbs and i was basing that off the special. There's really no need to cut weight for a weigh in at HW and i don't see him putting on 20 lbs in 1 day before the fight. I guess i just heard wrong.

Last edited by Pro Bowler; 11-07-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
Did anyone catch the 30 min special on Showtime about this fight? I could have swore Rodgers kept saying he was 285. He made 2 or 3 statements to this effect. He actually weighed in at 264 and that's more like what i thought he weighed.

Anyhow, i'm just bringing this up because earlier in the thread i made the comment Fedor would be giving up 50 to 55 lbs and i was basing that of the special. There's really no need to cut weight for a weigh in at HW and i don't see him putting on 20 lbs in 1 day before the fight. I guess i just heard wrong.
Why not? Brock cuts down to 265 every fight. Rogers probably walks around at 285, gets down to 275 a week before the fight, and cuts down to 265. Fighters don't lose weight like they're on a diet, they deplete their bodies. Rogers will not be back up to 285 tonight but he'll be at least 275.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »