Home

Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

This is a discussion on Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

Too much money to be made. Same reason why Vitor Belfort came back, Randy Coutoure came back. Nobody going to turn down a 6 figure pay check, which is what all former belt holders get for a fight.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #10
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

He knows he can't beat Evans, and Machida for that matter. He has always been a punk, more willing to poke fun then to get his fight on. He is a coward, and the only people he wants are the ones who are past their prime. He saw Griffin get worked over by A. Silva and was probably shaking his head thinking he knows he couldn't have done any better. He saw Evans get destroyed by Machida and was probably scared to face him. Of course he uses his jaw as an excuse, but hasn't Rampage made enough excuses as to why he's lost in the past?

Yes the champion usually gets the nod when a match goes to a split decision, but he didn't finish of Griffin, or I should say was a bit too passive. As a matter of fact the fight between him and Henderson was much closer then the Griffin fight, and he got that decision, I sure didn't see Henderson pitch a *****. When it is all said and done he will be known as a fill in champion just like Griffin.

He will act as if he was one of the greatest, but just remember this, when he was getting ready to fight the future of the sport he walked away or even made excuses. He has beaten Jardine by decision (who hasn't beat Jardine). He's beaten Wanderlei Silva by knockout (took him three try's, and he was as is past his prime). He beat Liddell by KO( again who hasn't in the recently, and he himself told Evans that when Rashad KO'ed him he was past his prime). Oh, and what about Marvin Eastman, that must have been real hard.

Jackson loves to embellish his accomplishments to a point where every fighter in MMA has gotten sick. He isn't that respected and has lost even more credibility and will never be a champion again. That I guarantee.

Last edited by CYST2000; 09-23-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #11
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8
Thumbs down Re: Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
He knows he can't beat Evans, and Machida for that matter. He has always been a punk, more willing to poke fun then to get his fight on. He is a coward,
Stopped reading their. Rampage a coward? Please! Thats internet tough guy talk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 02:53 AM   #12
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

How can he be a coward when he is saying that he actually wanted to challenge Machida? All this time I thought he didn't want to fight Machida.

SMH at all of this if it's true.

Waiting for a response from White before I'll say anything else.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:09 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 18

I don't buy that bull**** about him wanting Machida for a second.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

The cracks are starting to show in Dana Whites prison camp.
Belt holders are making 6-digits per fight? What a joke!
Top stars in boxing are making 8-digits per fight and they don't pull in as many viewers as UFC.

It might take a decade but one of these days, the fighters of the UFC are going to finally wake up and realize they hold the power and they'll get it.

Eventually UFC will become like boxing where everyone is a free agent and you'll start to see it crumble like boxing where very few fights are competitive or have champs fight who are in their prime.

I just wish Dana would relax his grip a bit and give the fighters a bit more cash and freedom. Everyone would win.
But as it is now, Dana doesn't have to do that because the UFC is the only option out there for an MMA fighter. That's why Belfort is returning. If he wants to make money as a mixed-martial artist, where else is he going to go?
They always come back to Dana.
But it's for that reason that there will be revolt. And probably sooner rather than later.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
I don't buy that bull**** about him wanting Machida for a second.

yeah, who in the world would want to fight the belt holder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

He should thank his lucky stars that Dana got him out of that jam. The only thing Jackson has hit in the past 6 months is another car and he chose to run instead of checking on everyone else. Trust me he is a coward, and the six figure title fight is a farce. Challengers probably get that but not champs. If he wants to complain he needs to look at Tito, who is back and kissing butt better than ever. Tito came back because every where he went the paydays were terrible in comparison to the UFC. He is turning down better money for one fight than the movie contract he has received. He talked up his fighting of Evans and is not wanting to follow through. He doesn't deserve a title shot yet. I mean wins over Silva and Jardine don't get you that type of stuff. He needs to suck it up and stop complaining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »