Home

Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

This is a discussion on Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
He should thank his lucky stars that Dana got him out of that jam. The only thing Jackson has hit in the past 6 months is another car and he chose to run instead of checking on everyone else. Trust me he is a coward, and the six figure title fight is a farce. Challengers probably get that but not champs. If he wants to complain he needs to look at Tito, who is back and kissing butt better than ever. Tito came back because every where he went the paydays were terrible in comparison to the UFC. He is turning down better money for one fight than the movie contract he has received. He talked up his fighting of Evans and is not wanting to follow through. He doesn't deserve a title shot yet. I mean wins over Silva and Jardine don't get you that type of stuff. He needs to suck it up and stop complaining.
You made your point the first time and no one cared, we know you hate jackson so move on.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Belt holders are making 6-digits per fight? What a joke!
Where did you get this information from?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
He doesn't deserve a title shot yet. I mean wins over Silva and Jardine don't get you that type of stuff. He needs to suck it up and stop complaining.
Funny, but - beating a washed up Liddell and wrong weight class Bisping, and really losing to Ortiz DOES earn you a title shot?

Let's be real here - Jackson's wins made him just as deserving as anyone else to get a title shot in the LHW division... Rua's getting it for what? Beating Mark Coleman who can't even fight 20 seconds without gassing, and again a washed up Liddell who's now got a knack for getting KO'd.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus001
What a Sleeze ball Dana White is.
I don't know. I'm not quite ready to take Rampage at his word here. I mean, it's a little tough to believe that Dana told Rampage he wouldn't be fighting Rashad after this. After all, these were two guys in the same weight class with a noted rivalry, two guys who had a memorable encounter inside the octagon, and these guys were going to be coaches on TUF, a show where the coaches have fought at the end in seven of the previous nine seasons.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
The cracks are starting to show in Dana Whites prison camp.
Belt holders are making 6-digits per fight? What a joke!
Top stars in boxing are making 8-digits per fight and they don't pull in as many viewers as UFC.

It might take a decade but one of these days, the fighters of the UFC are going to finally wake up and realize they hold the power and they'll get it.

Eventually UFC will become like boxing where everyone is a free agent and you'll start to see it crumble like boxing where very few fights are competitive or have champs fight who are in their prime.

I just wish Dana would relax his grip a bit and give the fighters a bit more cash and freedom. Everyone would win.
But as it is now, Dana doesn't have to do that because the UFC is the only option out there for an MMA fighter. That's why Belfort is returning. If he wants to make money as a mixed-martial artist, where else is he going to go?
They always come back to Dana.
But it's for that reason that there will be revolt. And probably sooner rather than later.
LOL...keep dreaming. It will never happen. Nobody wants MMA to turn into Boxing with its hundreds of belts and the overpaying of average talent. Couture complained about the same things and people were saying that this was when the UFC kingdom would start to crack and that this would cause people to revolt. What happened? Couture signed back with the UFC and the UFC grew even bigger.

So many things wrong with this post. 1) Lesner, GSP, Penn, Liddell and Couture all make 7 figures. Why? Because they bring in PPV viewers and get a cut of the PPV. See thats smart business. Instead of paying someone 3 mil before the fight, they base part of the fighters take on their ability to draw viewers. Is that crazy? Actually basing someone's pay on how many people they bring to watch their fights.

2) The fighters dont have the power because the only way you can make real money in MMA is to fight other good fighters. Now when 95% of the good fighters are in the UFC, you have to fight in the UFC. Lesner is perhaps the biggest draw in MMA and even if he left it would hurt him more than the UFC because there are only 1-2 decent fights for him outside the UFC (Werdum and Fedor).

3) Most fans dont want more freedom for the fighters. I like that a fighter like GSP is going to fight the best in his division because those fighters (with the exception of Shields) are in the UFC. We dont have to worry about negotiations and whether Top Rank and Golden Boy are getting along. We dont have to worry about fighters like Mayweather avoiding the best fighters in their division. I like that most fans can who the heavyweight champion is in the UFC. Cant say that in Boxing. Is it the Klits? Valuev? There are so many belts who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #22
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Funny, but - beating a washed up Liddell and wrong weight class Bisping, and really losing to Ortiz DOES earn you a title shot?

Let's be real here - Jackson's wins made him just as deserving as anyone else to get a title shot in the LHW division... Rua's getting it for what? Beating Mark Coleman who can't even fight 20 seconds without gassing, and again a washed up Liddell who's now got a knack for getting KO'd.
Funny, Evans still won 18 straight, and Rua is getting preferential treatment only because he was expected to do so much more when he arrived.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #23
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon
You made your point the first time and no one cared, we know you hate jackson so move on.
I don't hold hate in my heart for anyone. That said, I do not like him anymore. I used to think he was a decent fighter and a funny man, but now I can see his childish ways and his inability to follow through with his promises. Remember he said to the Evans fans, "I promise you Ima get my belt back".
Old 09-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #24
MVP

jonpt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL...keep dreaming. It will never happen. Nobody wants MMA to turn into Boxing with its hundreds of belts and the overpaying of average talent. Couture complained about the same things and people were saying that this was when the UFC kingdom would start to crack and that this would cause people to revolt. What happened? Couture signed back with the UFC and the UFC grew even bigger.

So many things wrong with this post. 1) Lesner, GSP, Penn, Liddell and Couture all make 7 figures. Why? Because they bring in PPV viewers and get a cut of the PPV. See thats smart business. Instead of paying someone 3 mil before the fight, they base part of the fighters take on their ability to draw viewers. Is that crazy? Actually basing someone's pay on how many people they bring to watch their fights.

2) The fighters dont have the power because the only way you can make real money in MMA is to fight other good fighters. Now when 95% of the good fighters are in the UFC, you have to fight in the UFC. Lesner is perhaps the biggest draw in MMA and even if he left it would hurt him more than the UFC because there are only 1-2 decent fights for him outside the UFC (Werdum and Fedor).

3) Most fans dont want more freedom for the fighters. I like that a fighter like GSP is going to fight the best in his division because those fighters (with the exception of Shields) are in the UFC. We dont have to worry about negotiations and whether Top Rank and Golden Boy are getting along. We dont have to worry about fighters like Mayweather avoiding the best fighters in their division. I like that most fans can who the heavyweight champion is in the UFC. Cant say that in Boxing. Is it the Klits? Valuev? There are so many belts who knows.
Nice Post...I agree with this. Also, they probably make more off sponsors than they would in any other organization so that could be added income for UFC fighters.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NBA: Memphis Grizzlies

Last edited by jonpt; 09-23-2009 at 12:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »