Home

Hendo to Strikeforce? NO!!!

This is a discussion on Hendo to Strikeforce? NO!!! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Hendo to Strikeforce? NO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fide
Am I the only one who doesn't really want to see Henderson-Silva again? Silva is a horrible matchup for Henderson. Yeah Dan won the first round, but he did zero damage doing it. In the 2nd when he tries to stand with Anderson he gets rocked which leads to the submission. He'd have to take down Anderson for 5 rounds and lay on him, and I just don't see that happenening.

Yeah, problem his it's pretty obvious when he loads up that right hand, which is why it hardly KO's anyone anymore. Especially someone like Anderson.
I dont know how it can be a horrible matchup when he won round 1 convincingly. I dont think he can beat Silva but he looked better then pretty much anyone in the UFC against Silva. Also after Belfort who the hell is Silva going to fight? I dont know how you can argue that Nate deserves a shot and Hendo doesnt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #26
Rookie

Bona Fide's Arena

OVR: 6

Well using that logic why doesn't the UFC bring back Lutter to fight Anderson? He had full mount on Silva!!!!

And it's a horrible matchup because Anderson is better than Henderson in every area except wrestling. Henderson would have to repeat round 1 for 5 rounds to win. Take Anderson down and then cover up his mouth.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fide
Well using that logic why doesn't the UFC bring back Lutter to fight Anderson? He had full mount on Silva!!!!

And it's a horrible matchup because Anderson is better than Henderson in every area except wrestling. Henderson would have to repeat round 1 for 5 rounds to win. Take Anderson down and then cover up his mouth.
If Lutter won 3 fights in a row against top competition, I would be saying the same thing. My focus is more on the Middleweight championship than Silva. I think Hendo's done enough to get another shot at the belt. Silva has the belt so that means he's done enough to get another shot at Silva.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:38 AM   #28
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrooks111
Funny :P I didn't say he would.... just capable. He had the punchers chance and the very strong greco. He won the first round of the last fight. Silva did hit him with a nasty shot and got a very nice choke. If they fight 10 times Silva probably takes 8 or 9. When has Hendo ever been KO'd. Without looking Silva is one of the only fighters I can think of to finish him off. I just don't see many better matchups than Hendo for Silva at Middleweight outside of Belfort. Marquart will get own'd by Silva or Hendo either way. I can understand him I guess not being a UFC fan favorite because he really hasn't done anything too exciting outside of KTFO of the count.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 10-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #29
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I hope Hendo and the UFC can work things out. I think he's deserving of another shot against Anderson. He won the first and was doing well to start the 2nd round, but made a tactical error and then the fight was over.

Hendo's a diverse fighter, too, as he can scrap at 185 and 205 and compete with the elite in either division. Definitely a guy you'd want to have around for the next 2-3 years.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 16

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16538/dan-...uardt-next.mma
Quote:
"I don't plan on fighting anywhere else," said Henderson, who reportedly met with Strikeforce officials. "It never even entered my mind that I'd be anywhere else. It's just something myself, Dana (White) and the other guys over there at the UFC, we need to sit down and figure it out for my next fight."
Quote:
Henderson hinted a fight with Nate Marquardt, a fellow top contender who's also suffered a previous loss to Silva, could be next.

"It doesn't look like it'll be him," Henderson said of Silva. "But my guess is my next two fights will be Marquardt and Anderson Silva. It doesn't matter to me which order they're in."
Old 10-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

http://mmamania.com/2009/10/20/dana-...ideo/#comments

White says they couldn't agree to terms, negotiations are done.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »