Home

UFC Undisputed 2010. What I hope to see!

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010. What I hope to see! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010. What I hope to see!

Some big ones for me are a chin rating and a real ground game.

A fighter's resistance to being KO'd is tied directly to their cardio, which sucks. I've been playing against the CPU trying to get a challenge, and the only way to do so is basically to give my fighter a 1 cardio so that he can be KO'd easily with power shots to the head... However, then he gets exhausted way too quickly in terms of everything else.

On top of that - the ground game really, really needs to rely on stats. Fighting against GSP with a guy who has 1 in every stat and dominating him on the ground is ridiculous....
Old 11-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #18
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

This might be a long post. Let me just say, I've really enjoyed the multiplayer game (online got annoying, but against a mate this game is still great), and I think if they can sufficiently improve it then it will be amazing.

1. Allow more freedom in the ground game: The movement should be a lot more free, maybe you could use the L stick in addition to the right to position yourself. Also wrestling is severely disadvantaged in this game in so many ways, whereas in real life it is extremely effective from any position.

And make stats matter. Make GSP streets ahead of guys in the wrestling department. Give Parisyan the 'best throws in the world'. Make Lesnar a wrecking machine matched by no other.

2. Fighters should feel different: I like what EA MMA is doing, and giving every fighter supposedly different fighting styles. At the moment, there are no specific advantages or disadvantages to using two different fighters of the same style.

3. More unpredictability: It's too cut and dried currently as to whether or not you will either get a sub or rock the guy leading to a KO or TKO. If a guy is careless you should have a chance to submit him without his stamina being drained.

4. Revamp the striking game: It's simple really, allow backward and sideways movement while being punched. If you are being punched in the gut, it does not make you stand there and take another one, it pushes you back. I hate the fact that you can be stopped backing off if you get hit with any strikes.

Also, punches and kicks should have some kind of accuracy rating. Anderson Silva or BJ Penn should be able to pick you apart with jabs, whereas Wanderlei or Leben should flail more and land less (but if they land you should be in bother).

Both fighters should be able to land simultaneous blows, and they should be able to chase each other around a la Chuck.

Head kicks are far too easy to land. No real fighter does as many head kicks as they do in the game. Also, guys who really can't kick, should have really weak kicks which are technically rubbish, not just a slower kick with the same perfect technique as Machida.

Also, if you really damage someone's body, they should not go down like they have been smacked in the face.

5. Southpaw and (hopefully) Karate stances.

6. Cage gameplay

7. A better roster - more current UFC fighters. Suggestions are: Couture (I know he's signed with EA), Hardy, Belfort, Rosholt, Jon Jones, Wilks and Pearson (TUF 9 winners), Uno, Little Nogueira, Carwin, Rothwell, Guida, Soczyinski (major spelling difficulties there).

Also, maybe the beginning of a UFC 'legends' division, with Chuck, Cro Cop, Tito, Couture, Coleman etc.

8. Regular DLC would be nice.

9. Lower leagues and competitions, like mentioned in one of the above posts.

10. More fighting styles, and maybe the ability to mix more than one style, especially on the ground. Karate should be in, and maybe there should be a couple of different types of jiu jitsu.

11. Quicker menu navigation - everything should be generally faster. Menus to choose referees and arenas should be simplified, because they were unnecessary (even though it was a nice touch). Get it all in one menu that works quickly and easily. Maybe even a 'fighter select' option a la Tekken or Pro Evo when you want a rematch, allowing you to switch grapplers without going back to the main menu.

12. Attribute changes - Replace 'standing strikes and kicks defence' with 'chin' when concerning the head, because to say that guys take body shots the same as head shots isn't accurate. Also add 'cage clinching/striking' offense and defence.

13. All in all just make the game more random and surprising. We need less KOs than before the patch and more than after it if that makes sense. give us shocking KOs, surprising submissions, doctor stoppages, more varied injuries such as cuts, and allow us to use the strengths of EVERY fighter.

There needs to be a reason for you to pick a Judo guy over a BJJ guy. Or a wrestler over and Judo guy. If I picked Karo Parisian, I want him to be able to do things that nobody else can do. And I want Anderson Silva to have different techniques and escapes to Wanderlei.

Hope you like these ideas, this is a good thread.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I have a lot I want for next year's game and I probably am missing some things but here is what comes off the top of my head:

1. Get rid of not being able to hit someone the same time they hit you. This is one of the biggest reasons online is so annoying because a guy can get in close to you and constantly be punching you and you just stand there and eat shots. Really annoying.

2. More variety. Every move is pretty much the same outcome. Needs to be more "sloppiness" to represent the sport better. Every takedown is a perfect double leg that gets you into the same position every time.

3. Clinch game/cage interaction. Make the clinch game more effective. The punches and knees in the clinch are useless and basically do nothing. Also add in the ability to put guys up against the cage. If Randy Couture is in the game next year, this is a must since that is a big part of his style.

4. Tweak the ground game. At first the ground game seemed cool but once you learn it, it really isn't too great. When we play the CPU, it should be a lot harder to pass guard then it currently is. Also, being able to just sit back and hold the stick to transition block until a guy tires himself out is just dumb IMO.

5. Career mode. There needs to be a lot more added to the career mode. TUF, controlling existing fighters, cutting weight, more interactive training, aging, a lot more/better names to choose from for our CAFs. Those are a few things that need to be in next year.

6. Commentary needs to be better. Enough said there.

7. Roster updates. Have monthly roster updates after every PPV and change the ratings of fighters based on their performances, give them new moves if they happen to do certain things in a fight, things like that.

8. Entrances/Custom music. Just a little thing here but I would love to have it. Entrances with fighters coming out with their entourage, fighters wearing sponsor gear like hats, shirts, etc. have Tito come out with the flag, let us add custom entrance music for every fighter if we want and for our own CAFs.

9. Create-a-PPV. Basically stealing this from the WWE games but I thought this would be a nice feature to add for next year. Let us recreate old PPVs or upcoming ones and have full PPV presentation. Let it unfold like an actual UFC PPV. The opening music, Goldberg and Rogan setting things up at the beginning, cut to fighters warming up in their rooms before a fight, etc. This PPV presentation also goes for Career mode as well. Don't just let us fight our fight in Career mode and have the results of the rest of the show sent to us from an e-mail. Let us watch the other fights in CPU/CPU mode if we want.

10. A manager style mode. Let us be our own Dana White's and manage the UFC. Sign fighters to contracts, set PPV events, promote fighters/PPVs to make money, all that kind of stuff.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 11-29-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
7. A better roster - more current UFC fighters. Suggestions are: Couture (I know he's signed with EA), Hardy, Belfort, Rosholt, Jon Jones, Wilks and Pearson (TUF 9 winners), Uno, Little Nogueira, Carwin, Rothwell, Guida, Soczyinski (major spelling difficulties there)
Well UFC just released Rosholt so he won't be in the game.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #21
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Has there been any talk from thq or the ufc about 2010?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Has there been any talk from thq or the ufc about 2010?
Not yet I don't think but I'm sure it's gonna come out. I'm sure we'll hear something at the beginning of next year since 09 has been out for about 7 months now.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #23
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

They jusr showed a trailer for 2010 on the TUF finale.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
They jusr showed a trailer for 2010 on the TUF finale.
When? I totally missed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »