Home

Shocker! Rampage is back!

This is a discussion on Shocker! Rampage is back! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Shocker! Rampage is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
I dont need him back. He's a complete and utter moron and was a big reason this season was almost unwatchable.
I think the fact that almost every fighter was gassing after 2-minutes of figthing was what made this season almost unwatchable.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #18
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
I go back and forth on whether or not I like Rampage. He has shown himself to be a very likeable guy at times on both seasons of TUF but then acts like a jerk after his loss to Forrest and acted like a jerk at times this season on TUF. I'm not sure if his coming back is great news in the long term but if it means we actually get to see him and Shad fight it's definitely great news in the short term. After all the smack they talked to each other I feel like I have to see them fight. As much as Shad did that was cool this season on TUF I still can't stand him and hope Rampage knocks him silly.
I'm a Evans fan now, and not really a Rampage fan anymore. Rampage acts like a douche a lot and is such a horrible coach, this past season really turned me on Rampage.

I thought Evans was a cocky guy and didn't like him, but after this show I see he's still cocky, but overall he's a cool guy and great coach and just like him more.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I'm a Evans fan now, and not really a Rampage fan anymore. Rampage acts like a douche a lot and is such a horrible coach, this past season really turned me on Rampage.

I thought Evans was a cocky guy and didn't like him, but after this show I see he's still cocky, but overall he's a cool guy and great coach and just like him more.
That's how I feel too. But, sometimes Rampage makes me laugh. I thought it was real funny how he used to mimmic Marcus Jones laugh after Marcus learned something new. That was very funny.

I would put all my money on Rashad though, he has gotten into Rampage's big *** head. Also, I really got the vibe that Rampage wanted Marcus to win mostly to, "Shut Rashad up," rather than to genuinely help the guy. Seemed that Rashad was really interested in the fighters, while Rampage just had some immature juvenile desire to just beat Rashad. I think those misplaced motives showed themselves when Rashad's fighters destroyed virtually his entire stable. Let's just say, I can't wait to see what happens when they finally meet in the octagon.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 12-05-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue

Same way I feel now.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #21
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

I've always been a Rampage fan so I'm glad he's back...hopefully he'll come to his senses and sign a new UFC contract.

More so, I'm glad he's coming back because I want to see the fight with Rashad. It sucked watching TUF and getting hyped about them fighting after watching their exchanges only to realize they weren't gonna fight.

Well not anymore...should be excellent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #22
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

+1.

It seemed like Rampage just wanted to be on TV and be funny rather than help out the fighter's he was supposed to coach. Whereas, Rashad actually coached well and wanted his fighter to take something from the away from the experience. It just seemed like he cared about his fighter's (and Rampage's for that matter) and could relate with them more, probably because he has been in their shoes before.

I wasn't a big fan of Rashad at the beginning of this season but, after watching this season he automatically jump's up into my top 3 or 4 in the LHW division...... even with his cocky attitude.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 12-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #23
MVP

Yeah, Rashad was starting to win me over during the season but then he fell right back down in the last few episodes where he got extra cocky with Rampage again and I also didn't like that he said he was going to back off training his fighters in the second round because he didn't think it was fair yet he still coached up his boy McSweeney. That was a #%@$ move and made me not believe as much of what he said about caring about his fighters in the interviews as he claimed. In the end I saw that Shad could be cool when and if he wanted to but in the end he was just as much of a jerk as he was coming in.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Old 12-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #24
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

He must've seen his clip in that movie ad they were running during TUF with all those fighters and realized how bad of an actor he came off as.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »