Home

Jan 30th Strikeforce MIA: Diaz vs. Zaromskis,Cyborg vs. Coenen,R.I.P Herschel Walker

This is a discussion on Jan 30th Strikeforce MIA: Diaz vs. Zaromskis,Cyborg vs. Coenen,R.I.P Herschel Walker within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2010, 08:56 AM   #137
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Jan 30th Strikeforce MIA: Diaz vs. Zaromskis,Cyborg vs. Coenen,R.I.P Herschel Wal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
well he is fighting some nobody who even looked intimidated at the weigh in.

He probably could have made Nagy hit himself. The word Nudge should forever be used to refer to someone worse than the typical tomato can fighter.
In other news, Robert Principato the man who holds a loss to Greg Nagy is on suicide watch after watching Nagy's performance vs Walker.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Jan 30th Strikeforce MIA: Diaz vs. Zaromskis,Cyborg vs. Coenen,R.I.P Herschel Wal

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlon
What does that tell you about Dream's welterweights? Give Sakurai another shot at Zaromskis and then bring him to Strikeforce. And while we're on them Japs, since SF is so keen on giving Dream champions straight title shots, give Aoki a fight with Melendez.
Actually, Melendez/ Aoki sounds would be promising.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #139
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Random Thoughts:

- How much did Sims get paid to take a few punches and lay down? Easy money. Do I need to get my ears cleaned out or did I hear one of the announcers say Lashley was a 2 time wrestling champion? Hopefully they weren't talking about the WWF championships.

- I think Cyborg could have lasted at least 15 seconds with Nagy. Despite fighting a scrub, I thought Walker looked pretty good for his first fight. It's not often you see a guy almost 50 years old with that kind of body.

- Lawler's KO is the early front runner for KO of the year. That came out of nowhere.

- I'm use to watching the UFC so it was a little weird to see all the fighters come out to generic music and to see entrances shorter than 1 minute.

- Nice heel interview by Rex Ryan, lol. He really knows how to work the mic.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #140
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
Random Thoughts:

Do I need to get my ears cleaned out or did I hear one of the announcers say Lashley was a 2 time wrestling champion? Hopefully they weren't talking about the WWF championships.
They might've been because he only won 2 titles in the WWE but 5 in actual wrestling:

Quote:
Lashley attended Missouri Valley College and was a wrestler for the Vikings from 1996-99. During his Valley career, Lashley was a three-time NAIA National Champion in the 177-lb weight class and earned All-American honors four times. He went on to become a three-time National Amatuer Wrestling Champion, a two-time Armed Forces Champion and a 2002 Silver Medalist at the Military World Championship.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #141
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

177? Must have been a hell of a weight cut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 02:19 AM   #142
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

How much must it suck to be Nagy today? This is his job, what he wants to be his career, and he just got beaten by a old dude who's only been training for about 5 months. Yeah, Walker is in amazing shape, but still...anyone with any sort of ground game whatsoever should have a big advantage....
Old 02-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #143
goh
Banned

Is Wes Sims serious or is he trying to make up excuses from an entertainment standpoint?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #144
goh
Banned

Rex got fined for flipping off the fans after the interview: http://www.mymmaresource.com/rex-rya...iami%E2%80%9D/

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »