Home

UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar (NO SPOILERS!!!!!)

This is a discussion on UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar (NO SPOILERS!!!!!) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
On the countdown show, Silva said he might drop to 170 for a fight. At the press conference, Silva didn't rule out dropping to 170 or movining up to the LHW and HW divisions.

Dana White said if Silva is willing to drop to 170, he would make the GSP vs. Silva fight happen.

Considering Silva walks around at 230, it would be a crazy weight cut down to 170.
It's possible. He said he was already down to 185 before flying out to Dubai, so he could most likely make the cut.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #74
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Anderson looks lean right now.. wow. He has the perfect frame to do whatever he wants class wise. I can't wait for him to finish this fight and then look to other divisions. I love his attitude, even though he doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to go down in history, it's obvious he wants to challenge himself against anyone in the world at any weight.

I wish they would have put Phil Davis on the main card. I don't care about the other three fights before the co-main events.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 13

I was thinking of doing this new thing where I'll boldly predict an upset in fights involving BJ Penn, GSP, and Anderson Silva. The problem is it will only work if you guys will forget each time I do it and it doesn't come true so when it finally comes true I'll look like a sheer genius. So, what do you say guys?

Edgar will absolutely demolish Penn.

Maia will make Silva tap.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #76

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Anyone hear how ticket sales were for this? Im kinda curious to find out but am not finding much info online so if anyone has heard or knows where the info can be found, do share, thanks.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #77
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Anyone hear how ticket sales were for this? Im kinda curious to find out but am not finding much info online so if anyone has heard or knows where the info can be found, do share, thanks.
I heard they were so good that the UFC added 2000 seats to accommodate more people.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar (NO SPOILERS!!!!!)

Silva made a complete *** of his self.

Spoiler
Old 04-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #79

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

There was no way Hughes could have finished that fight as he was unwilling to drop down to the mat when Renzo went down and its highly unlikely that Hughes is going to knock anyone out cold.

I personally thought the best fight of the night was the one between Mark Munoz and Kendall Grove, the 3 main fights were all terrible for different reasons.

- Hughes/Renzo was just abysmal to watch. Hughes isnt a striker but Renzo is so bad at defending leg kicks that he made Hughes look like an actual striker. Renzo mounted no offense and the fact that he asked for help up from Hughes is embarrassing. Luckily for him Anderson would go on to make an *** of himself later that night to overshadow the stupidity of what he did so that atleast worked out for him.

- Penn/Edgar wasnt a terrible fight and Frankie did exactly what he needed to but I still believe there was something wrong with Penn. He wasnt moving as fluid and wasnt attacking at all. He looked either really lethargic, gassed, injured or all three. Thats not to take anything away from Edgar as he won and he earned it, Im just not so sure Penn was at 100%.

- Silva/Maia was comical for 2 rounds and then a disgrace for the following 3 rounds. I dont see how anyone can defend Anderson. If youre that good then finish the fight, or at the very least attempt to finish it, but dont spend nearly 3 rounds running in circles avoiding contact. The one thing going for MMA is guys fight for finishes and people generally cant duck opponents like in boxing, what Silva did last night does far more harm then good for the sport as a whole. To make matters worse he did this in Abu Dhabi, there first time there, and that doesnt help either.

In closing I think its assanine that Anderson can make up these ridiculous excuses about Maia disrespecting him talking about himself and his own strengths. Im over Silva at this point, I want to see him fight Sonnen and Belfort but Im having my doubts that either fight will happen now as Joe Silva and Dana will want to force him into a superfight with someone who will bring the lumber to him. It really sucks that basically, through the art of garbage fights, Anderson is able to dictate what type of fighter he wants to fight. They sure as hell arent putting him in there with anyone who wont attack Silva and thats exactly when hes at his best.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #80
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
There was no way Hughes could have finished that fight as he was unwilling to drop down to the mat when Renzo went down and its highly unlikely that Hughes is going to knock anyone out cold.

I personally thought the best fight of the night was the one between Mark Munoz and Kendall Grove, the 3 main fights were all terrible for different reasons.

- Hughes/Renzo was just abysmal to watch. Hughes isnt a striker but Renzo is so bad at defending leg kicks that he made Hughes look like an actual striker. Renzo mounted no offense and the fact that he asked for help up from Hughes is embarrassing. Luckily for him Anderson would go on to make an *** of himself later that night to overshadow the stupidity of what he did so that atleast worked out for him.

- Penn/Edgar wasnt a terrible fight and Frankie did exactly what he needed to but I still believe there was something wrong with Penn. He wasnt moving as fluid and wasnt attacking at all. He looked either really lethargic, gassed, injured or all three. Thats not to take anything away from Edgar as he won and he earned it, Im just not so sure Penn was at 100%.

- Silva/Maia was comical for 2 rounds and then a disgrace for the following 3 rounds. I dont see how anyone can defend Anderson. If youre that good then finish the fight, or at the very least attempt to finish it, but dont spend nearly 3 rounds running in circles avoiding contact. The one thing going for MMA is guys fight for finishes and people generally cant duck opponents like in boxing, what Silva did last night does far more harm then good for the sport as a whole. To make matters worse he did this in Abu Dhabi, there first time there, and that doesnt help either.

In closing I think its assanine that Anderson can make up these ridiculous excuses about Maia disrespecting him talking about himself and his own strengths. Im over Silva at this point, I want to see him fight Sonnen and Belfort but Im having my doubts that either fight will happen now as Joe Silva and Dana will want to force him into a superfight with someone who will bring the lumber to him. It really sucks that basically, through the art of garbage fights, Anderson is able to dictate what type of fighter he wants to fight. They sure as hell arent putting him in there with anyone who wont attack Silva and thats exactly when hes at his best.
I agree with that, but also had a problem with edgar in a way. He didn't try to beat his opponent, he tried to out point him- and he did (barely)

I wish penn listened to his corner and took it to the ground actually.

Edgar won't be there for long, you can count on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »