Home

UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar (NO SPOILERS!!!!!)

This is a discussion on UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar (NO SPOILERS!!!!!) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
I'm wondering how long it will be for the torrent to hit the net
I'm hoping by 8:00 central. Hopefully the ESPN England broadcast.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #66
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
If it's "available," I will.

Seems like a prime opportunity to win cash at the bar from friends, who wont realize its not live.
hahaha pure evil
Old 04-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #67
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

I plan on ordering this event with a bunch of my buddies. We usually just pay like 5 dollars each and anything leftover we just put towards the next event. The only event we haven't wasted money on this year was Couture vs Coleman for obvious reasons.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:47 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 10

I just checked on my Dish Network schedule. The event starts at 12:30 PM Eastern.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #69
Have a V8....POWER!

EL_GABE's Arena

OVR: 4

on direct tv its on saturday 10 am in cali time idk what time to watch it ahhh ...does anybody know if they gonna show it on theather like they did for ufc 111?

GT: MRDONKEYGRANDE
Old 04-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp90805
on direct tv its on saturday 10 am in cali time idk what time to watch it ahhh ...does anybody know if they gonna show it on theather like they did for ufc 111?
Nope.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #71
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

On the countdown show, Silva said he might drop to 170 for a fight. At the press conference, Silva didn't rule out dropping to 170 or movining up to the LHW and HW divisions.

Dana White said if Silva is willing to drop to 170, he would make the GSP vs. Silva fight happen.

Considering Silva walks around at 230, it would be a crazy weight cut down to 170.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #72
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
On the countdown show, Silva said he might drop to 170 for a fight. At the press conference, Silva didn't rule out dropping to 170 or movining up to the LHW and HW divisions.

Dana White said if Silva is willing to drop to 170, he would make the GSP vs. Silva fight happen.

Considering Silva walks around at 230, it would be a crazy weight cut down to 170.
there is talk of this on the undisputed forums (dropping in now that game is getting close) and the best thing would be 175 or 180 ....maybe even something obscure like 177 would be best.

As I've posted in other threads I think GSP can beat anderson, but his unwillingness to strike against hardy (who imo gsp could have beaten soundly on the feet) shows me he's mentally unwilling at the moment to strike against anyone who may pose a threat which is surprising after seeing him stand at least a bit with alves.

Gsp must be willing to stand with even the spider from time to time to win. Yes he can take him down, but maybe not all the time. I'm not talking about banging with him. I'm talking about mixing it up a bit. Anderson makes people lose before they get in the octagon ie forrest. It's not like if you get touched by him you're out cold - you are if you trade and he's dropping bombs, but you can't go in there afraid to stand even for just a little bit. You have to believe you can hang with him or your effed.

GSP is so fast and accurate, but he doesn't believe in himself on his feet against able strikers. The one combination he landed on hardy on the feet was great...he slipped a punch and landed and lightning fast one-two - he has to realize he may have to smartly strike for a bit. Never probe or lunge either like forrest did with his chin facing the rafters...
greg jackson imo is actually hurting gsp's progression at this point. he needed to stand with hardy for a round for many reasons including confidence and looking towards the future - fighting bigger guys if he doesn't get them down he's got to use his very good striking skills.

there are times too when anderson moves straight back when caught a bit off guard defending strikes.

Before GSP fights anderson I'd like to see him strike with someone first...if his camp is smart they would train his next fight to strike and ko his opponent - in that case gsp is in better shape to fight anderson instead of relying 100% on immediate takedowns and keeping it there for ground and pound/sub attempts.

If anderson want's success against gsp he needs to not just work on takedown defence, but he needs to change his counter-punching strategy and go after him. If he just tries to counter, -down he goes and has to work off his back and try to get up the whole round.

This is the way I see the whole situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »