Home

Brock Lesnar on Sportscenter

This is a discussion on Brock Lesnar on Sportscenter within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Brock Lesnar on Sportscenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
Damn, you're going to the Rampage fight too? Haha, you're lucky guy. I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me if I put any more money towards a UFC in the next few months. IMO, if you're going to Vegas for a UFC, try to do it during the fan expo. It was an amazing experience. I'm telling you, everywhere you look is a big name MMA fighter. Crazy
LOL. I'm dying to go to Vegas again plus I'm hoping that the money I will make from selling the extra Rampage tickets i will buy will help pay for some of the trip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #26
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Still I have a Fight Club membership, so if you want me to get tickets for you before they available to the public let me know.
Without a doubt, if it's possible and you won't be using the Fight Club membership to purchase tickets for yourself, I'd love to have a better shot at scoring some seats.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #27
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I've never been to a ufc event, or a boxing event for that matter and I'm a huge fan of both sports.

I'd love to know thoughts about being there live, if it's better than on TV. It's so well done as a television event so that's why I'm curious.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #28
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm so glad that Brock is doing fine now.

It's kind of crazy that he thought he would have to have his colon removed and then the doctors found nothing wrong after they checked him out again.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I've never been to a ufc event, or a boxing event for that matter and I'm a huge fan of both sports.

I'd love to know thoughts about being there live, if it's better than on TV. It's so well done as a television event so that's why I'm curious.
Ive been to a PPV and a Spike broadcast.

Pros to seeing it live:

- Atmosphere is incredible. I seriously got chills when I went to UFC 101 and the crowd went crazy for Forrest Griffin's intro. That is probably the loudest I've ever heard a crowd.

- No bad viewing angles. The UFC installs 6 more jumbotrons at each even so even if your view is blocked by the cage or you cant see the ground game that well you can always look at the jumbotron.

Cons to seeing it live:

- A lot of downtime. The UFC does not pipe in the TV audio to the live audience. So anytime Joe and Mike are talking (except when Joe is interviewing people in the cage) you cant hear them. So anytime they are introducing a fight or interviewing a fighter about an upcoming event, the arena goes silent.

- Rowdy crowd: I've never had any problems with anyone at an event but each event I've been to has had at least 2 fights in the crowd.

With that said, if I have a choice between going to a UFC event or boxing match, I'm choosing the UFC everytime. You get more for your money. Ticket prices are about the same for both events but you get 12 fights at at UFC event and only 3-4 at a boxing match.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #30
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Pros to seeing it live:

- Atmosphere is incredible. I seriously got chills when I went to UFC 101 and the crowd went crazy for Forrest Griffin's intro. That is probably the loudest I've ever heard a crowd.

- No bad viewing angles. The UFC installs 6 more jumbotrons at each even so even if your view is blocked by the cage or you cant see the ground game that well you can always look at the jumbotron.

Cons to seeing it live:

- A lot of downtime. The UFC does not pipe in the TV audio to the live audience. So anytime Joe and Mike are talking (except when Joe is interviewing people in the cage) you cant hear them. So anytime they are introducing a fight or interviewing a fighter about an upcoming event, the arena goes silent.

- Rowdy crowd: I've never had any problems with anyone at an event but each event I've been to has had at least 2 fights in the crowd.

With that said, if I have a choice between going to a UFC event or boxing match, I'm choosing the UFC everytime. You get more for your money. Ticket prices are about the same for both events but you get 12 fights at at UFC event and only 3-4 at a boxing match.
thanks man,

I take it you've been to a boxing match? I'd like to see both sports, but with living in Canada, there are never big boxing cards here especially outside of Montreal. I may go to see the UFC in montreal or wait for it to come to toronto. It's kind of a shame both sports are so expensive to go see though.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #31
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Pros to seeing it live:

- You could spend hours and hours at the event if you want to watch all the prelims on top of the main card. It's longer than pretty much every other sporting event.

Cons to seeing it live:

I agree with Aaron.

I've been to a PPV in Vegas (UFC 98).

Pros:

- If you think the intro video gets you pumped up at home just imagine being inside the arena with thousands of fans. The crowd went nuts when Machida KO'ed Evans and won the title. It was so loud I could barely hear the interview between Rogan and Machida.

- If you watch an event in Vegas, you can hit up the Sports Book before you watch the matches. It's always more fun when you have money on the line.

Cons:

- Unless you have good seats, you're going to be spending a lot of time looking at the jumbotron/screens. You may even be asking yourself why you spent all this money when you could have just watched the PPV at home or at the Bar. The Octagon is pretty small and nothing compared to a rink, court, or field.

- The crowds mainly consist of males in their 20's/early 30's and when you add in beer this is a recipe for fights.There weren't any fights in my area though.

- There's a lot of downtime inside. While they show prelim matches during the PPV to pad the time, when you're inside you get nothing but commercials that air in a loop and music.

- Tapout wearing douchebags are everywhere, lol.

- Unless the event is in your city, it can be very expensive to attend a UFC card once you include all the other things (ie. price of ticket, taxi, hotel, plane tickets, food, etc...)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »