Home

UFC 114 - Rashad vs. Rampage

This is a discussion on UFC 114 - Rashad vs. Rampage within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #73
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 114 - Rashad vs. Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
1.5 million is A LOT

i dont know if it will do 1.5 million. It will break 1 million because of Brock not Carwin but 1.5 would take a lot. I think theyre saying Mayweather/Mosley was around 1.1 million.
UFC 100 did 1.5 and Lesner/Carwin will have more hype than that did. Lesner Carwin will have a UFC Primetime show (UFC 100 didnt). You have the dual storylines of Carwin being an undefeated monster who knocks people out in the first round and Brock's return to the octogon. ESPN will be all over it with MMA Live and Sportscenter. It will do 1.5 easy.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #74
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
UFC 100 did 1.5 and Lesner/Carwin will have more hype than that did. Lesner Carwin will have a UFC Primetime show (UFC 100 didnt). You have the dual storylines of Carwin being an undefeated monster who knocks people out in the first round and Brock's return to the octogon. ESPN will be all over it with MMA Live and Sportscenter. It will do 1.5 easy.
Yeah, with all those factors, I'd be stunned if it didn't do 1.5 million.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #75
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8

http://www.cagepotato.com/rampage-de...re-still-champ

Quote:
“I still want to clear [something] up…some of my fans don’t understand why I didn’t fight Rashad in the beginning. I don’t think…the fans that don’t understand now, I don’t think they’ll ever understand. Just because I’m a fighter, doesn’t mean I can’t do other things. I just want my fans to know…no matter what, even though I haven’t been in the cage for a while…people think that I went Hollywood, people always got negative stuff to say. People always underestimate me. I’ve been in this game for a while; I just think it’s funny. I’m just gonna go out there and do my job. I wanna knock Rashad out as quick as possible and get on with my career."
Old 05-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #76
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

So I caught Primetime on Spike last night.

This "feud" needs to stop, it's cheapening 114. Rashad/Page is certainly no Kos/Daley.

It seems contrived beyond words, and I wish they wouldn't resort to this just to hype their event.

It's not personal at all and all their little disses back and forth expose them as actors. They can't even make their "hate" for one another seem genuine.

Anyway, I hope there's more Primetimes and I hope they stop feeding into this supposed bad blood when it's just not there.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #77
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

Seems typical to me, what makes Kos/Daley seem more serious than Page/Shad? The basic idea is that they don't like each other, isn't that what all these hyped feud fights stem from?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #78
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlast
Seems typical to me, what makes Kos/Daley seem more serious than Page/Shad? The basic idea is that they don't like each other, isn't that what all these hyped feud fights stem from?
If anything Kos/Daley are much better actors.

The perception for years now [or whenver Page cracked Jardine] is that these two guys "hate" each other. Everything that I've seen from then until today doesn't convince me it's true.

All of this bantering just makes it seem very cheesy. They are both terrible at convincing me that it's personal.

The Kos/Daley thing didn't give me that vibe at all, whether or not their feud was real [which apparently it was].
Old 05-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #79
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

Yeah you may be right, still a highly anticipated fight for me though, hope Shad takes it. I seem to be the minority with that one haha.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #80
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Oh I'm as hyped as anyone about it I just wanted to throw that comment out there.

When they were both on Ultimate Fighter their constant verbal battles got old quick. Made the program almost a joke to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »