Home

Mir wants Lesnar to Die in the Octagon

This is a discussion on Mir wants Lesnar to Die in the Octagon within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Mir wants Lesnar to Die in the Octagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount

Besides, ESPN and similar press can only look down on MMA for so long, and making a huge deal out of this really does them no good in the long run.
ESPN looks down on anything it can't make money off of.
If ABC or ESPN had a contract to show Ultimate Fighter or any UFC match, they'd love it and it'd be all over Sportscenter.

It couldn't have cared less about arena football until it began to broadcast it.

But the sport is growing leaps and bounds in popularity. It won't be long before it's forced to acknowledge it exists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
ESPN looks down on anything it can't make money off of.
If ABC or ESPN had a contract to show Ultimate Fighter or any UFC match, they'd love it and it'd be all over Sportscenter.

It couldn't have cared less about arena football until it began to broadcast it.

But the sport is growing leaps and bounds in popularity. It won't be long before it's forced to acknowledge it exists.
I think ESPN gets a bad rap though. They have perhaps the best weekly MMA tv show on ESPN.com (ESPN TV in the UK and Internationally) with MMA Live. ESPN.com has its own MMA section and one of the best MMA blogs. They have partnered up with Sherdog.com. ESPNews shows the weighins of every UFC PPV.

Years ago a fight like Nog v. Velasquez wouldnt have been on the front page of ESPN.com but this week it was. They definetly could do more (Putting MMA Live on TV would be a great step) but they have improved in their coverage of MMA.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #43
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think ESPN gets a bad rap though. They have perhaps the best weekly MMA tv show on ESPN.com (ESPN TV in the UK and Internationally) with MMA Live. ESPN.com has its own MMA section and one of the best MMA blogs. They have partnered up with Sherdog.com. ESPNews shows the weighins of every UFC PPV.

Years ago a fight like Nog v. Velasquez wouldnt have been on the front page of ESPN.com but this week it was. They definetly could do more (Putting MMA Live on TV would be a great step) but they have improved in their coverage of MMA.
Not to mention numerous interviews with fighters (they had Couture on before his fight with Coleman, Dana and Brock, I think I've seen Chuck on there once) and, as you said, put a link to live blog updates with the results on the front page of the website, have it as headlines, etc.

They definitely know, recognize, and acknowledge the fact that the UFC exists.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Not to mention numerous interviews with fighters (they had Couture on before his fight with Coleman, Dana and Brock, I think I've seen Chuck on there once) and, as you said, put a link to live blog updates with the results on the front page of the website, have it as headlines, etc.

They definitely know, recognize, and acknowledge the fact that the UFC exists.

They actually do have a link to their live blog on the front page and the results featured as headlines. They did it for the last Strikeforce and UFC events.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #45
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
He was beat to a pulp.
thats a good old fashion *** whooping right there. Brock went in there, beat his *** until it had to be stopped and then let him know he just whooped his *** and not to mess with him again, Mir looks terrified.

Lesnar will rip his head off again, then when he goes off on him after the fight i dont wanna hear people cry about him being disrespectful because Mir deserves what he gets after saying things like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #46
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
He was beat to a pulp.
Mir is freaking hideous in that picture.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #47
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They actually do have a link to their live blog on the front page and the results featured as headlines. They did it for the last Strikeforce and UFC events.
I was agreeing with you in my post...apparently didn't make that clear enough.

Yeah, I followed...109 with the live blog on ESPN because I didn't care enough to find a stream or anything, and I usually check their MMA coverage on event weekends. It's always pretty good.

Didn't notice they did it for Strikeforce, too.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
I was agreeing with you in my post...apparently didn't make that clear enough.

Yeah, I followed...109 with the live blog on ESPN because I didn't care enough to find a stream or anything, and I usually check their MMA coverage on event weekends. It's always pretty good.

Didn't notice they did it for Strikeforce, too.
LOL! My bad. I read it as a suggestion.

Yeah they did it for SF but probably because Walker was involved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »