Home

Strikeforce - Rogers v. Overeem - May 15

This is a discussion on Strikeforce - Rogers v. Overeem - May 15 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #49
Rookie

frnkpw13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Strikeforce - Rogers v. Overeem - May 15

am i the only one really impressed with overeem? ive never seen him fight except for a few highlights. brett rogers ive seen twice and looked really good before this fight. overeem made rogers look really, really terrible. AA looked like hes about had it, which sucks cause i liked him and thought he looked really good vs fedor. the card overall was pretty good. but still overeem really looked good and confidant. im ready for fedor vs overeem fight!
National Champions 1958, 2003, 2007, 2019

Old 05-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 13

Decent enough card but nothing special. It was good seeing Overeem back in SF and I was hoping he would call out Fedor after the fight. I also think he's got a good chance of beating Fedor. I'm not talking about him beating the Pride-era Fedor, I'm talking about him beating this version that looks just like him but is 4 years older and hasn't been fighting anybody good. We'll see if it happens of if M-1 finds a way to get out of a real challenge for Fedor while trying to make it look like Overeem's and Strikeforce's fault.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Old 05-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #51
Have a V8....POWER!

EL_GABE's Arena

OVR: 4

wow did rodgers actully was there to fight or just be a punching bag?

GT: MRDONKEYGRANDE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #52
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
Decent enough card but nothing special. It was good seeing Overeem back in SF and I was hoping he would call out Fedor after the fight. I also think he's got a good chance of beating Fedor. I'm not talking about him beating the Pride-era Fedor, I'm talking about him beating this version that looks just like him but is 4 years older and hasn't been fighting anybody good. We'll see if it happens of if M-1 finds a way to get out of a real challenge for Fedor while trying to make it look like Overeem's and Strikeforce's fault.

Overeem is also overrated though. I watch K-1 and remember him being KO'd by suspect shots. His chin I would actually call suspect for a HW - not glass, but I don't think he can take the big ones. There are a few people who could beat Fedor,...the problem is, no one does. I think Carwin, Brock and to a lesser extent Overeem could, but we'll see. Fedor is a small and in recent times relatively weak HW in terms of strength so it's always an uphill battle for him.

Please no one take this the wrong way, he is not "weak" but compared to someone like Carwin, indeed he is. Technique, speed, experience, strategy can overcome a lot of things, but in the HW division, for some of these smaller guys it's asking too much. Could Fedor potentially beat someone like Brock - yes, but I wouldn't hold it against Fedor if he were to lose against these huge bulls, some of which are on, or have taken copious amounts of steroids (overeem).
Old 05-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 29

Brett Rogers is a nothing. He's beaten no one except a suspect Arlovski who can't win a fight to save his life.

I wouldn't say Overeem looked good, I'd say he beat up a can; just like Fedor did when he fought Brett.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »