Home

Strikeforce Challengers (3/26/10)

This is a discussion on Strikeforce Challengers (3/26/10) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Strikeforce Challengers (3/26/10)

http://strikeforce.com/blog/2010/03/...eights-quotes/

In the main event heavyweight sensation Lavar Johnson (13-3) will square off with undefeated Lolohea Mahe (6-0-1) of Hawaii. Johnson’s effort will mark a miraculous comeback after he was gunned down and nearly killed by Central Valley area gang members on July 4, 2009 while attending a family barbeque near his home in Madera.

Fresno’s Zoila Frausto, an undefeated women’s prospect, will take on another standout fighter in Miesha “Takedown” Tate (8-2) of Olympia, Wash. Frausto, a former soccer player for Fresno City College, has compiled a perfect 5-0 record in professional MMA since her debut on February 13, 2009.

Other featured fights: “Abongo” Humphrey (5-1), Atlanta, Ga., vs. George Bush III (5-1), Columbus, Ohio, at light heavyweight (205 pounds); Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Luke Stewart (6-2), San Francisco, Calif. vs. Andre Galvao (3-1), Brazil, at welterweight (170 pounds); and American Kickboxing Academy bred wrestling stud Justin “The Silverback” Wilcox (8-3), San Jose, Calif., vs. Shamar Bailey (10-1) of Chicago, Ill., at a catch weight of 160 pounds.

FINAL WEIGHTS:

Lavar “Big” Johnson – 241

Lolohea Mahe – 267

Abongo Humphrey – 203.6

George Bush III – 206

Luke Stewart – 171.2

Andre Galvao – 170.4

Zoila “Warrior Princess” Frausto – 132.4

Miesha “Takedown” Tate – 136

Justin “The Silverback” Wilcox – 160.8

Shamar Bailey – 161

Non-televised fights:

Daniel Cormier – 242

John Devine – 253.2

Paul Ruiz – 134.8

TBA

Trinidad Valdez – 168

Ricky Jackson – 169

Avery Kaleo – 143.2

Chris Buron – 144

QUOTES:

LAVAR JOHNSON

“Training camp was great, it was real good. I’m back 100 percent, nothing has changed.

“I got a lot of people supporting me because I’m fighting at home. I don’t want to let anyone down. This is a huge fight for me.

“I expect us to stand up well. We’re just two big guys swinging for the fences. I’ll be looking for the KO in the first, for sure. I’ll take what he gives me, but I’ll be looking to get in and get out.”

LOLOHEA MAHE:

“It was a very rough camp, but it was good. It was definitely one of the hardest camps I’ve ever had.

“We have been working on our stand up and on a little wrestling. We’re ready for whatever happens in there.

“It was hard getting down from 320 (pounds), but I’ll be good. I’m ready.

“I hope to win, and I hope to fight well. I’m expecting standup, ground game, you name it, I’ll do whatever it takes to win.”

ABONGO HUMPHREY

“Training camp went really well. We’re working really hard on our standups and some new techniques. I’ve been working on a lot of my ground game to make sure I’m more well-rounded.

“I’ve had an 11-month layoff, so I’ve had a lot of time to hone in on my weaknesses. Plus, I’m at a lower weight where I feel more comfortable.

“I think I’ve evolved a little bit more and I’m more relaxed while I’m in the heat of things. I think that has helped me evolve as a fighter.

I know he’s (George Bush III) is a wrestler, so he’ll be good at that. He’s the perfect fight for me to showcase my standup ability. I’m really excited for it.”

GEORGE BUSH III

“I’m happy to be here. I’ve worked my whole career to get to this level. I’m here to see and to prove that this is the level I belong at. My journey is only half complete.

“I’m fighting for my family, especially my aunt Paula. Happy Birthday!”

ZOILA FRAUSTO

“It’s been the best camp I’ve ever had. I couldn’t be happier with it.

“I expect her to stand up for about 30 seconds, but as soon as I hit her she is going to try to take me down. She won’t be able to stand up with me or take my punches.

“It’s always really good to be fighting at home. There will be a lot of supporters, so I can’t wait to get in there and brawl. “

MIESHA TATE:

“I plan on going out there and taking care of business. I’m going to capitalize on any mistake she makes.

“I’d like to end it in TKO, but if the submission is there I’ll take it.

“I’m looking for the quick victory. The fans are going to love this fight. She’s in her hometown, so they’ll all be behind her. I know she’ll bring it and I’m prepared.”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Strikeforce Challengers (3/26/10)

Free preview weekend for those without Showtime on DTV and maybe other providers
Old 03-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 23

Excited for this. Going to be on at 1145pm est
Old 03-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Bailey needs to either crowd these kicks or get the **** out of Wilcox's range.

Sheesh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »