Home

Psychology of Dana White

This is a discussion on Psychology of Dana White within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Psychology of Dana White

Everyone's points are great, and I agree that he has done an excellent job across many dimensions. I love MMA and the UFC - the fights are high quality and the programming is first class.

I also credit the refs in the sport (and White, by extension, since he controls them) for keeping it in-bounds: the 12-to-6 DQ of Bones Jones by Mazzagatti was a big-time win for protection of fighters in the UFC (and I don't agree with Rogan on there being no difference between that elbow strike and a side-elbow strike: the 12-to-6 is much more powerful IMO). That DQ put a blemish on Jones' unbeaten record, so White could not have been pleased, but it was the right call.

Having said all this, as someone posted in reply, I am looking to the future and see a possibility that White loses his mind a bit (success can do that to an executive...) and starts making mistakes. I hope for everyone's sake that he has people around him who can keep him grounded, that's all I'm saying.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Dana White gets entirely too much credit for the current shape of the UFC...and he is one of the primary reasons it is getting held back from hardcore market expansion and growth. He is a crazy, crazy overrated businessman.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Dana White gets entirely too much credit for the current shape of the UFC...and he is one of the primary reasons it is getting held back from hardcore market expansion and growth. He is a crazy, crazy overrated businessman.
^^ Opinion. Dana White is the man....He says it like it is and doest sugar coat things. Many dont like that type of person as they (Dana) does not care if he hurts your feelings.

I LOVE him for what/who he is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
That's an interesting take on it, I think I'll start a poll on why UFC is not a bigger feature on Sportscenter, for example.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDocta
That's an interesting take on it, I think I'll start a poll on why UFC is not a bigger feature on Sportscenter, for example.
Anybody who says Dana gets too much credit is clueless. The following things have happened under Dana White:

- The Ultimate Fighter
- The UFC first million dollar buyrate on a PPV
- True international interest from the UK, Australia, Europe and now the middle east.
- The UFC on two basic cable channels.
- The UFC selling out major arenas
- MMA becoming sanctioned in 40 states.
- Signing Brock Lesner, Rampage, Anderson Silva

If Dana doesnt get credit for that....who does? He has been the UFC president for almost 10 yrs and all the promotion has done is grow.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #14
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Anybody who says Dana gets too much credit is clueless. The following things have happened under Dana White:

- The Ultimate Fighter
- True international interest from the UK, Australia, Europe and now the middle east.

If Dana doesnt get credit for that....who does? He has been the UFC president for almost 10 yrs and all the promotion has done is grow.
can argue with that, that's really something. the crazy thing is most of this in the last 5 years.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #15
Rookie

Yes, DW is the man. He just needs to keep some perspective and he'll have a long reign without scandal and loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

- The Ultimate Fighter

Great post Alhobert. I going to to say something along the same lines. But to the guy that said he is "overrated" and gets to much credit. Who do you feel deserves the credit over Dana?? That is my question to u. The UFC has grown extremely fast and has become so popular so fast under Dana's management who gets the credit.

Because as a whole MMA in general has not grown fast. UFC the company has single handly help MMA grow in popularity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »