Home

Psychology of Dana White

This is a discussion on Psychology of Dana White within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Psychology of Dana White

What do people think about Dana's latest flap over the reality show, in which he lied about Tito being replaced by Franklin when he should have said "just watch the show and find out". I think he botched this one, missed an opportunity to hype the series without lying.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #18
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDocta
What do people think about Dana's latest flap over the reality show, in which he lied about Tito being replaced by Franklin when he should have said "just watch the show and find out". I think he botched this one, missed an opportunity to hype the series without lying.
To me it just looks like you're looking for things to complain about Dana White. No offense or anything, it's just the way it comes off.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpac
To me it just looks like you're looking for things to complain about Dana White. No offense or anything, it's just the way it comes off.
I keep saying I admire him for building the sport, etc. and that he has done a great job. I worry that the wheels are going to come off of the dude and then we'll all suffer as the sport ends up in the penalty box.

I think MMA is mostly legit - real competition. I can't say the same for a lot of other professional sports, which get more and more like scripted WWE every day. I want MMA to keep going strong.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:59 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDocta
Huh? LOL. Who cares?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #21
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Huh? LOL. Who cares?
I 2nd this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #22
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
^^ Opinion. Dana White is the man....He says it like it is and doest sugar coat things. Many dont like that type of person as they (Dana) does not care if he hurts your feelings.

I LOVE him for what/who he is.
I don't disagree with anything pro-Dana White people say about him as a businessman, like him or not he is a good at what he does and he has accomplished (and will continue to accomplish) tons for the sport of MMA. I just can't stand when people cheer on an "I don't care if I hurt your feelings" type of attitude, I mean who died and made Dana White God and gave him the right to be a punk towards people? I bet if it was your family member that he was acting like that towards THEN there would be a problem, but since it's not, it's OK for Dana to act like a 2 year old bully sometimes. Again, he has grown the UFC way past where most thought he would ever take it, but I'm not going to sit here and applaud his "wanna be bad boy" gimmick, he better leave that junk for wrestling or he might wind up getting Vince McMahoned (see Brett Hart screw job).

Last edited by Illustrator76; 04-20-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #23
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I don't disagree with anything pro-Dana White people say about him as a businessman, like him or not he is a good at what he does and he has accomplished (and will continue to accomplish) tons for the sport of MMA. I just can't stand when people cheer on an "I don't care if I hurt your feelings" type of attitude, I mean who died and made Dana White God and gave him the right to be a punk towards people? I bet if it was your family member that he was acting like that towards THEN there would be a problem, but since it's not, it's OK for Dana to act like a 2 year old bully sometimes. Again, he has grown the UFC way past where most thought he would ever take it, but I'm not going to sit here and applaud his "wanna be bad boy" gimmick, he better leave that junk for wrestling or he might wind up getting Vince McMahoned (see Brett Hart screw job).
If a man is telling what he feels to be the truth and speaking his mind, go ahead. I respect that more than a suit ranting, then coming out w/ a public apology the next day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #24
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
If a man is telling what he feels to be the truth and speaking his mind, go ahead. I respect that more than a suit ranting, then coming out w/ a public apology the next day.
I still stand by my comment, if that was your girlfriend, family member, etc... at work and their boss was acting like Dana White often times does, I highly doubt you would be cheering him on.....I just don't believe that. That's part of the problem with the world now, nobody respects anyone anymore and people feel that they can just say, do and act how they feel and we do nothing but make excuses for it. Dana White is a great businessman and has boatloads of money, but that don't make him God.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 04-21-2010 at 03:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »