Home

Favorite Fighters

This is a discussion on Favorite Fighters within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Favorite Fighters

LOL...the original poster was almost every guy I fought online!

Lesnar, Silva, GSP, Penn - haha

since this game is supposedly more even with the fighter ratings, maybe we will see more variety. My fav fighter is GSP but I rarely used him.

In the first game I almost always used an MT guy

Gonzaga
Wandy or rua
Kampmann or Nate Marquardt
Kampmann
Maynard --- those were my most common. I did use GSP a few times and Penn as well. I also used Machida a few times and heavies crop cop too. I had created's in MW and WW that were both 87 overall that I used sometimes against real UFC guys like Silva and GSP

This game the only thing I'm sure about is that I'll use more guys, In '09 I felt compelled to use those guys because they a) are clearly not the best and b) everyone was always the best guys unless you talked and agreed pre-fight

I'm looking forward to trying out Hardy, the new GSP, the new Machida, actually pretty much everyone but the guys I hate (bader, Guida, etc)
This game I can't just look at their style I actually have to use them to see if I like them.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #10
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

HW: Dos Santos,Cain,Carwin
LHW: Shogun, Bader,Bones
MW: Maia, Sonnen, Wandy
WW: Rumble, Hardy, Kos
LW: Guida, Florian, Diego, Sotoropolus (If he's in)
Old 04-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
LOL...the original poster was almost every guy I fought online!

Lesnar, Silva, GSP, Penn - haha

since this game is supposedly more even with the fighter ratings, maybe we will see more variety. My fav fighter is GSP but I rarely used him.

In the first game I almost always used an MT guy

Gonzaga
Wandy or rua
Kampmann or Nate Marquardt
Kampmann
Maynard --- those were my most common. I did use GSP a few times and Penn as well. I also used Machida a few times and heavies crop cop too. I had created's in MW and WW that were both 87 overall that I used sometimes against real UFC guys like Silva and GSP

This game the only thing I'm sure about is that I'll use more guys, In '09 I felt compelled to use those guys because they a) are clearly not the best and b) everyone was always the best guys unless you talked and agreed pre-fight

I'm looking forward to trying out Hardy, the new GSP, the new Machida, actually pretty much everyone but the guys I hate (bader, Guida, etc)
This game I can't just look at their style I actually have to use them to see if I like them.
Those are my favorite fighters, although lost a little respect for Silva after yesterday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
Those are my favorite fighters, although lost a little respect for Silva after yesterday.
it wasn't a knock on you or anything. The most popular fighters are usually the best fighters too and that's no coincidence and it makes sense.

For gaming purposes though, I think 2010 will do a better job encouraging the use of other guys though. Last year it was rare for me NOT to be fighting against brock, silva, gsp, etc. online.

This year with better looking fighter models, unique move sets, and smaller stat separation we will see people trying different fighters.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
it wasn't a knock on you or anything. The most popular fighters are usually the best fighters too and that's no coincidence and it makes sense.

For gaming purposes though, I think 2010 will do a better job encouraging the use of other guys though. Last year it was rare for me NOT to be fighting against brock, silva, gsp, etc. online.

This year with better looking fighter models, unique move sets, and smaller stat separation we will see people trying different fighters.
Yea my record online is like 210 wins and 240 something losses or something like that. I stay around the 52 rank mark. But it is because I am always using the rare fighters.

Just the other day I joined a quick ranked match and it was middle weight. The guy was of course Anderson Silva. So I took Chris Leben. Just for the fact I wanted to recreate that fight and see if I could pull out a lucky win with a KO. Well unfortunately that did not happen. Anderson Silva's catch counter to Thai clinch is so stupid. They just pull everything u throw into the clinch and then he can whip you at will. Because breaking slams and Thai clinch is a pure luck situation of you getting just lucky GUESSING which direction he will whip.

I sure hope some refinements are made. One of the biggest for me is going back more of how it was PREPATCH. More lucky KO's if people got sloppy and dropped hands. Now it is rare as all hell for a flash KO. It is more of a wear down then KO.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 22

Now that we have the full roster and have played the game this thread is relevant.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #15
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

i always liked sherk and hughes last year for the ground and pound so it should be fun to use a guy like guida for that. although im probably most excited to use jon jones
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #16
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm just talking real life UFC here, naturally if I like them in real life I'd be more likely to use them in the game.

HW: Cain and JDS I'm liking alot. Lesnar is fun to watch, so is Carwin but I would root for Cain or JDS over either of them. Honestly, Roy Nelson is also becoming one of my favourites. It would be awesome if he pulled off a win against JDS.

LHW: Lots of great fighters in this division, my favourite is Forrest, a close rising second is Bones. I'm not a Vera fan at all, so that fight made me a much bigger Jon Jones fan. Shogun has impressed me a lot lately as well.

MW: For me there are 3 main guys I go for in this division, Bader, Wanderlei, and Marquardt. Or whoever is fighting Bisping.

WW: GSP! GSP! GSP! I cannot WAIT until he smashes Koscheck, TUF will be an entertaining lead up to this. To a lesser extent, I like Rumble and Sadollah has also been impressing me lately.

LW: Sam Stout, very exciting fighter, and I expect good things from him soon. Ross Pearson has also made it on to my radar, he'll be a force as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »