Home

UFC 2010: Finish in any position!!

This is a discussion on UFC 2010: Finish in any position!! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: UFC 2010: Finish in any position!!

I will have to find a video to explain what I mean I guess lol
Old 04-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. I've rocked people from full guard up, postured-up, half-guard up, side control, and full mount. I'm curious if you mean something else, or just never did enough damage.
Yep that's what I was wondering. I've done it from all positions.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

You can black and white from GnP(full mount) in 09 because I just did it last night, however it does result in a KO rather than a TKO(ref stops fight)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
You can black and white from GnP(full mount) in 09 because I just did it last night, however it does result in a KO rather than a TKO(ref stops fight)
No the ref stops the fight after a couple more hits after the "black and white" stage. Take GSP and go side control and keep doing high knees to his ribs. After it goes black and white and you pull off 2 or 3 more high knees, the ref comes in and yells "Stop!" I believe this happens when you are in open guard and keep punching their body too. From what I remember, you can't knock them out strictly throwing body shots. I sold the game a long time ago, but I remember messing with kids and making the fight last forever by just making it go black and white to the point where everytime I throw a punch or kick and it lands on their body, they fall over.

Last edited by mikenoob; 04-08-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
No the ref stops the fight after a couple more hits after the "black and white" stage. Take GSP and go side control and keep doing high knees to his ribs. After it goes black and white and you pull off 2 or 3 more high knees, the ref comes in and yells "Stop!" I believe this happens when you are in open guard and keep punching their body too. From what I remember, you can't knock them out strictly throwing body shots. I sold the game a long time ago, but I remember messing with kids and making the fight last forever by just making it go black and white to the point where everytime I throw a punch or kick and it lands on their body, they fall over.
I think what every one is missing of what I am saying is this. Yea the black and white will happen "rarely" BUT even when it does it means NOTHING. They can transition just as normal, block as normal, even reverse as normal. There is no STUNNED STATE. It is basically a cue that the guy is about to be KOed. But there is not stunned state like in the stand up game.

See this video. At the 1:37 mark "Pit Bull" lands a knee that "ROCKS" him. Then when the kick lands he falls in the "STUNNED" state. This can't happen from ground and pound.

Then 2:34 instant KO from ground. This is the norm in 09.

3:07 another Stunned TKO resulting from the stand up. Again the norm.

There is a video around here somewhere that I remember seeing someone getting rocked from the ground position in 10. I think it might of been from the community day event. I will try and find it

Here is one example. Watch how his hands drops to his side the moment he is rocked from the full mount position. He gets his hands up but takes 2 shots before doing so. DAMN this just looks soo amazing and much more realistic

4:13 mark

Last edited by Phobia; 04-08-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 22

Okay I see what you're talking about. You weren't very clear in your first post. The 8 minute mark of this video is another example.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

i no what u mean and u have not done it from all positions because u have not got on any ones back and punched them out like if u were going for a rear naked but instead u just started punching. and there were no tko's from any other position then u over them punching they did not stop fights for knees or anything like that. but it would stop if u were mounted and punching in the body but thats all. but 10 will be sweet how u can ended the fight from anywhere
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »