Home

UFC 2010: Finish in any position!!

This is a discussion on UFC 2010: Finish in any position!! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
UFC 2010: Finish in any position!!

I have played a ton of UFC 09 and I remember people talking about the finish in any position and what is so different in 10 than what was in 09.

I started taking people down and just ground and pounding tonight. I know what the difference is now,

In 09, you postured up fully when u did a minor transition. In 10, you break hold and have to land punches to posture up higher.

Now the finish in any position is this. In 09. the only state that you could be ROCKED where it goes black and white is in the stand up or clinch. You can not get rocked to the grey state from ground and pound. A slam you could but not from ground and pound.

I noticed in the 10 videos guys were ROCKED with the black and white screen from a ground and pound position. So this means you can get stunned and have a TKO happen from any position on the ground. Makes the ground game even more scary.

In 09, there was only two out comes once the fight was on the mat. Submission or KO. There was no TKO from ground and pound. Only way for a TKO was if the fight was standing and someone got rocked which brought them down to the stunned state where they are lost. Then people stood over and pounded people out for a TKO.

This year we should see TKOs go up, which they should and KO's go down. This is all very positive and has me very amped since I figured out the difference LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: UFC 2010: Finish in any position!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I have played a ton of UFC 09 and I remember people talking about the finish in any position and what is so different in 10 than what was in 09.

I started taking people down and just ground and pounding tonight. I know what the difference is now,

In 09, you postured up fully when u did a minor transition. In 10, you break hold and have to land punches to posture up higher.

Now the finish in any position is this. In 09. the only state that you could be ROCKED where it goes black and white is in the stand up or clinch. You can not get rocked to the grey state from ground and pound. A slam you could but not from ground and pound.

I noticed in the 10 videos guys were ROCKED with the black and white screen from a ground and pound position. So this means you can get stunned and have a TKO happen from any position on the ground. Makes the ground game even more scary.

In 09, there was only two out comes once the fight was on the mat. Submission or KO. There was no TKO from ground and pound. Only way for a TKO was if the fight was standing and someone got rocked which brought them down to the stunned state where they are lost. Then people stood over and pounded people out for a TKO.

This year we should see TKOs go up, which they should and KO's go down. This is all very positive and has me very amped since I figured out the difference LMAO
see I could swear you could do that in 09...i black and white'd from slams and tko'd from side-control knee's. If what you say is fact, I'm surprised i never noticed no black and white from ground positions...in fact I still think I remember doing it from dominatnt ground positions...I got rid of the game though while it still had value..so...maybe i'll try that in the demo. I was always wondering why they said this was new....I guess it's a good thing I never noticed
Old 04-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

The black and white rocked state existed in the ground game in 09, but it was rare...far too rare. Not enough TKOs and far too many KOs.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Body shots always result in the black and white screen.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Nice work. lol. Hopefully this game is as deep as the atlantic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

I got quite a few TKO victories with big body knees in side control and body punches from mount so it was definitely there.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

In 09, you were able to rock your opponent when you had them mounted.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 29

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. I've rocked people from full guard up, postured-up, half-guard up, side control, and full mount. I'm curious if you mean something else, or just never did enough damage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »