Home

How I Plan on Playing UFC Undisputed 10

This is a discussion on How I Plan on Playing UFC Undisputed 10 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
How I Plan on Playing UFC Undisputed 10

Hey guys, first off I wanted to say that I love career mode and all however, I wish there was a way to set up PPV's and continue with some sort of storyline in this game. Since we don't have that option, I came up with a way you can do that plus, you get to fight with a the fighter's not just one like in career mode. I came up with this on Excel spreadsheet's (I'm not great with Excel so, it may be a little sloppy to some of you. Oh and yeah I have a lot of free time at work) of how I want to play. You could also do this with a notebook, as well I suppose.

I'm going to try to describe the spreadsheet's and some of the thought processes. I hope that what I say makes sense because I know it probably sounds a little confusing.

The first page of the spreadsheet is ranking by division. I use this to help me scheduling upcoming fights, moving fighter up the division, etc. I used UFC's website to rank the top half of the division so it should be fairly solid. However, they only rank 1-10 so, don't pay to much attention to the bottom half of the ranking because I just threw them together quickly. I'll do more research at a later date and if you any input on how division's should be ranked then I'll appreciate it.

What I did from there was take some of the upcoming real-life PPV's and rumored fight's and entered those in to the second page on the spreadsheet so that I can schedule and keep up with the upcoming events. I usually do five fight's per PPV but, you could do more or less if you want. One problem is that not all fighter's are in the game so, I will add some of the bigger's snuff's like Sotiropoulos, Daley, Little Nog just to name a few. Since I don't make all the fighter's then, I fill in whatever fight that I would like to see for that PPV. For example, if you look at UFC 114 in real life Todd Dufee is scheduled to fight but, his opponent isn't in the game so, I added Brendan Schaub as his opponent. Is this realistic? Not really but, it's fun for me and in the end that's all it's about.

Anyways, the last few pages are just to help me keep up with each time each fighter fights and when their next event is. It also assist's me with assuring that each division gets around the same amount of fight's so, (for example) the Heavy Weight division doesn't get to many fight's over the Light-Weight division and vice versa.

When I actually play the game I chose which fighter I play with by the flip of a coin. Sometimes, I'll play against the CPU and sometimes I'll play against my girlfriend (don't laugh she's actually pretty good at the game).
Once I finish three or four PPV's, I will re-rank the fighter's and schedule future bouts.

Well, like I said this is just one way that I came up with where you can make your own PPV's and use a lot more fighter's. It is almost like adding and extra mode to the game. Also, If any of you have any ideas on how this could be improved then, please let me know.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip UFC 2010.zip (529 Bytes, 72 views)

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: How I Plan on Playing UFC Undisputed 10

I did this with UFC 2009 and will continue it with 2010.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

thats great
Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

One thing I noticed about this website is that folks on here love the hell out of excel spread sheets. I see it used on every sports game on here.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

I've got a notebook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

so you guys make your own kind of league-wide franchise where you play the role of matchmaker joe silva?

is that it in a nutshell?

How do you account for time passing?

it would be cool if they made a mode like this in the future, or even a mode like 2k's mlb today - even a contest the day before a real ppv, where people with the closest results to the actual win prizes or something.

How would a real franchise mode work in this sport though...you could go through years in an hour.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Oh it could work. Lets say you have to win 10 fights in a row to get a title shot. then everybody else would be fighting each other trying to get 10 wins in a row to battle for your title.

They could easily through that online. And have like a spectator mode or highlight reel like 2k has for their sports games that you can upload to a website for all can see.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
One thing I noticed about this website is that folks on here love the hell out of excel spread sheets. I see it used on every sports game on here.
Well, I have plenty of free time at work so, Excel kind of makes it look like I'm busy when I'm actually playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
so you guys make your own kind of league-wide franchise where you play the role of matchmaker joe silva?

is that it in a nutshell?

How do you account for time passing?

it would be cool if they made a mode like this in the future, or even a mode like 2k's mlb today - even a contest the day before a real ppv, where people with the closest results to the actual win prizes or something.

How would a real franchise mode work in this sport though...you could go through years in an hour.
Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. I use the ranking's on page one (as well, as their record's) to keep up with who making their way up to a title fight. With only around 20 fighters per division, it only takes a 6-8 fight win streak to get into the top 5 and get that title shot. However, a 6 fight win streak is much easier said than done. With the rest of the fight's I look at who might have a grudge against another fighter or any fight that intrigues me,(notice I have a Tito vs Mark Coleman and Cain V. vs. Dos Santos scheduled I came up with those on my own ) I guess that would put me in Joe Silva's role.

As far as the time passing question, I'm not 100% what you mean but, I'll give it a go. I fight as many PPV's as I have time for. I could fight all of my currently scheduled bout's in a night or two then re-rank the fighter's and schedule the next 5-10 PPV's.

Also, notice that I added the PPV number and month on page two. I could keep up with time passing that way. As of now, I don't really have a plan to take into account a fighter's age yet. I may if I eventually added enough CAW's. I could let older fighter's like Randy retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Oh it could work. Lets say you have to win 10 fights in a row to get a title shot. then everybody else would be fighting each other trying to get 10 wins in a row to battle for your title.

They could easily through that online. And have like a spectator mode or highlight reel like 2k has for their sports games that you can upload to a website for all can see.
That would be awesome. Add that to the wishlist for 11.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »