Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 lacking dynamic physics?

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 lacking dynamic physics? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
UFC Undisputed 2010 lacking dynamic physics?

First of all I'll say I was super keen on UFC Undisputed 2010 and still am, but the demo wasn't all that inspiring IMO. It just felt really different and lacked a wow factor. Well I'm thinking now that the wow factor it lacked was every KO you could see coming and they always fell the same way.

And now IGN has released a KO montage vid, here it is:

See they always fall the same way after getting KO'd from a hook. It's very disappointing that they havn't got something that looks a bit more spectacular or real like physics. Last years physics seem better now because of this.

I hope it's addressed. What are your thoughts on it? Is it an issue to you or not really?

Last edited by Jono078; 05-05-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 lacking dynamic physics?

Really don't care.......Sure it would be great if it varied. For the life of me I can't figure out who that black shiny hair guy is.....I can figure out all the other fighters but him.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Really don't care.......Sure it would be great if it varied. For the life of me I can't figure out who that black shiny hair guy is.....I can figure out all the other fighters but him.
I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully it is a generic CAF that has fought his way to the top of the division as well. Due to aging and hopefully retirements, the fighters at the top will not be there 10 years into your career. Just a thought though.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It's a CAF; it's in career mode, you can tell because some of the shots have that WFA logo in them.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

You know what I think would go a long way? A leaning system almost exactly like Fight Night Round 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
You know what I think would go a long way? A leaning system almost exactly like Fight Night Round 4.
As important as boxing and striking from traditional boxing range is in MMA I'd prefer if the direction of the game went towards the things that make MMA unique from boxing.. the ground game, the clinch game, etc.

I know the most attractive part of the game to casual fans is slipping heavy punches and delivering epic counters and whatnot but MMA striking isn't always like boxing or brawling.. not every fight has anderson-silva style slipping, ducking and counter blows. I think it would be fair to say 90% (or higher) of the time fighters will circle away and cover up rather than try and slip a big punch and counterstrike.

I'd prefer greater focus on the elements of MMA striking outside of the 'pocket' (like trading jabs, 1-2 leg kick combos.. etc. that are not as relevant I feel based on my experience with the demo)
Old 05-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtertmp
As important as boxing and striking from traditional boxing range is in MMA I'd prefer if the direction of the game went towards the things that make MMA unique from boxing.. the ground game, the clinch game, etc.

I know the most attractive part of the game to casual fans is slipping heavy punches and delivering epic counters and whatnot but MMA striking isn't always like boxing or brawling.. not every fight has anderson-silva style slipping, ducking and counter blows. I think it would be fair to say 90% (or higher) of the time fighters will circle away and cover up rather than try and slip a big punch and counterstrike.

I'd prefer greater focus on the elements of MMA striking outside of the 'pocket' (like trading jabs, 1-2 leg kick combos.. etc. that are not as relevant I feel based on my experience with the demo)
Oh I totally agree with you on everything you said. I just think the leaning would make it more realistic and more strategy to the mix. But this is just my opinion. I am not an MMA expert. I have just recently got into it. So maybe I am way off here.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah if the sway was like the leaning system of Fight Night Round 4, the game would be great. The way it currently is, it seems canned and pre-determined. I should be able to hold a sway as long as I want to hold it.

And they need the damage system Fight Night Round 4 has too........In FNR4 if you damaged a person eye or mid section in the 1st round, it STAYED damaged for the rest of the fight.

Here, it disappears after the round ends. IN FNR4 if you damaged an eye, then the CPU couldn't see punches coming from that side and therefore missed blocking shots 95% of the time coming from that side. In this demo, that isn't the case at all, they still block perfectly as though the eye don't have huge cut around it.

If I do 20 legs in round 1, come round 2 Rampage shouldn't be shooting full blast from across the ring at me. Instead he should be hobbling, limping. Hell if I hit him in the leg again he should be dropping to the mat from a lost of balance. And for damn sure shouldn't be able to kick me off from guard with that leg I kicked 20 times the round before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »