Home

An alternative to the shine found.

This is a discussion on An alternative to the shine found. within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: An alternative to the shine found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
You honestly think Rampage is going to tap right away from an ankle lock?
Whenever someone taps instantaneously it is (in my experience) 100% based on being absolutely gassed. If the discrepancy in stamina is high enough you won't even have time to spin for the shine.. pretty much auto-tap.

I see this a lot playing head to head.. a guy will absolutely gas trying to finish someone, get taken down and auto-heel-hooked before they can even spin the stick (or whatever the leg lock from full guard down is, forgot it off hand).

If you keep your stamina high its impossible to get tapped on a garbage sub (kimura from the bottom in half-guard, leg lock from full guard, etc.) with the quality of the four fighters in the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Idk. I can get out of subs on expert sometimes, but there's also times where I tap almost instantly and I know I'm not gassed. In fact last night I tapped and I had almost full energy and still had stamina left, about quarter of full. It was against machida and he put in a kimura from side control. That's why I'm thinking there has to be another way to escape than strictly the shine just like howbu can tap someone without the shine.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #27
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

If there is any advantages to hold R stick in I'm not seeing it. I tried a lot last night and I could see the yank animation but the camera doesn't seem to be zooming in to let you know you're getting close and as soon as I'd let go and try to finish with the shine the CPU would get out of it.

For me, right now, it's too much work to submit someone. They have to be absolutlely drained on energy and stamina for me to even come close. I'm having to body shot and leg kick into the 4th round to keep from knocking him out all while keeping them from knocking me out on looping hooks and step straights.

If it's the same story for retail I probably won't even bother trying to submit because there's too many house rules involved to get one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »