Home

So I was thinking - these fight camps are going to be mostly boosters on top of ranks

This is a discussion on So I was thinking - these fight camps are going to be mostly boosters on top of ranks within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
So I was thinking - these fight camps are going to be mostly boosters on top of ranks

The reason I say this I was looking at some of these records and can already see whats going to happen. People will want to be the "best" and will have fake accounts and stuff so they can just do camp fights and just sit and basically let their main camp win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: So I was thinking - these fight camps are going to be mostly boosters on top of r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
The reason I say this I was looking at some of these records and can already see whats going to happen. People will want to be the "best" and will have fake accounts and stuff so they can just do camp fights and just sit and basically let their main camp win.
One of the 100+ reasons i have grown to HATE online play overall. Really makes me wonder why so many developers pay so much attention to it. WHy should developers SERIOUSLY take Online features when MAYBE 5% of the community actually takes it seriously? And by serious i mean not cheating, boosting, D/C'in etc etc...
Old 05-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: So I was thinking - these fight camps are going to be mostly boosters on top of r

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
One of the 100+ reasons i have grown to HATE online play overall. Really makes me wonder why so many developers pay so much attention to it. WHy should developers SERIOUSLY take Online features when MAYBE 5% of the community actually takes it seriously? And by serious i mean not cheating, boosting, D/C'in etc etc...
Considering online is what makes the game have more replay value now a days, if they focused on just offline things, the game would just get dull. You can't make an artificial intelligence be able to adapt and make decisions like a human would, at least with today's technology unless I'm missing something. Eventually, people catch on to what the A.I. does and now will most likely win 95% of the time. What's so great about the game now other than to make undefeated career fighters over and over?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Considering online is what makes the game have more replay value now a days, if they focused on just offline things, the game would just get dull. You can't make an artificial intelligence be able to adapt and make decisions like a human would, at least with today's technology unless I'm missing something. Eventually, people catch on to what the A.I. does and now will most likely win 95% of the time. What's so great about the game now other than to make undefeated career fighters over and over?
But designing a competant AI is 100% possible with the right amount of time.....Developers are just no focusing on that area and are catering to more casuals. Games overall suffer

Replay value? How is playing online against randoms and facing the SAME acts over and over appealing? God bless those with patience.

Differant strokes.....
Old 05-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
Especially that they are offering rewards (I saw cash on the official UFC website), I can see people who literally spend more time finding a way to cheat the system than to go out and get a job and make legit money. Even with the difficulty of finding a job, you really can find ways to make money in a legit fashion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

I don't really mind boosters being at the top, because those hardcore fans or people who play realistically know who they are.

Thinking about making a camp myself, just going to be patient and find people who really want to make the camp worth it and train to get better.

But there should be other camps to be in or fight, where people use their true purpose.

First I am going through the guide tutorial 100 times, to hone my skills. Haha! Memorization!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
But designing a competant AI is 100% possible with the right amount of time.....Developers are just no focusing on that area and are catering to more casuals. Games overall suffer

Replay value? How is playing online against randoms and facing the SAME acts over and over appealing? God bless those with patience.

Differant strokes.....
Unfortunately this stroke is less prominent than the other.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

How do u get into camps ? I go to fight camps an it says, do u wanna create a camp. If I say no it jus takes me back to previous screen. I thought there was camps you could join. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »