Home

Old 05-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #25
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I just wanna be able to get out of a submission against the CPU!
Me too. I can't get out of a submission to save my life.

This may be a stupid question but is "shining" just rotating the right analog in circles?
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-26-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #26
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I couldn't RNC Punk with BJ Penn after critical damage to both body and legs. Eventually got him with an arm triangle.

Couldn't sub Shaq with Mir at all. At least I got a decision.

Last edited by goh; 05-27-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

First I hope u guys are shinny in the right direction. This year it's clockwise for offense and defense. Then if he sub switches u need to rotate counter clockwise. I was complainin earlier about subs till I realized I was shining the wrong way. Lol. Now I can get out fairly easily. As far as submitting I can do it but it's pretty hard. I think the AI sub defense is just off the chart. Also read the link above about the charging aspect of subs.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifly8o8
First I hope u guys are shinny in the right direction. This year it's clockwise for offense and defense. Then if he sub switches u need to rotate counter clockwise. I was complainin earlier about subs till I realized I was shining the wrong way. Lol. Now I can get out fairly easily. As far as submitting I can do it but it's pretty hard. I think the AI sub defense is just off the chart. Also read the link above about the charging aspect of subs.
You actually don't have to rotate any specific way; just whichever way you want.

And you don't have to switch if they switch their submission either. They said you did, but it's broken. A bunch of people on the official forums tested it out.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

We'll I'm just saying what I heard from the interview with one of the creators. I know for my experience the direction mattered. I was getting subbed like crazy till I noticed i was doing it the wrong way. Now that I rotate clockwise I get out fairly often. As for the sub switching I can't comment personally as I never had it happen to me.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #30
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I couldn't RNC Punk with BJ Penn after critical damage to both body and legs. Eventually got him with an arm triangle.

Couldn't sub Shaq with Mir at all. At least I got a decision.
Yup I'm quoting myself.
I couldn't do that yesterday but now I have the achievement for subbing the CPU on expert within the first 60 seconds (wasn't even a strike thrown by either of us),the one for winning with a transistion and Gogoplata'd someone with Penn.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 17

I've been saying since last year, subs are freakin AWFUL in this game..the whole concept of it just stinks IMO. Playing with a BJJ fighter is NO FUN as you are reduced to strike and wear your opponent down.

I can understand having lower stamina will increase the chances you get caught with something be it a KO punch or a sub, but for subs stamina is wayyyyyyyyyyy to much of a factor. I'm sure neither Tamdan McCrory or Josh Burkman were "gassed" when Dustin Hazelett submitted them within minutes of the first round. Did he even land a punch on either of them??? What about Maia vs Sonnen??? I'm sure Chael wasn't gassed either when he got subbed. Sub Skill should be king in submissions...they also need to figure a way to maybe use jiu jitsu to get in position for a submission, rather than just being on top and clicking the stick and bam. Maybe the lower level BJJ fighters would need to have someones stamina down before they can submit but for the top of the food chain BJJ practioners it really shouldn't matter as most of the time if they get you in a bad spot(mount or back) it's usually over. As the game is now I can understand why it's not that way b/c it would be too easy for some fighters but this is where they need to implement actual BJJ moves on the ground so that your fighter has to get his body/arms/or legs into position before a sub can be initiated. It would also serve to make takedowns harder. Alot of the top level BJJ fighters utilize trips to get the fight to the ground not just wrestling type takedowns. It's too easy to time a punch and just get a takedown instantly no matter how low your takedown skills are and how high the other guys takedown defense is. Guys with very low takedown stats should even have a different animation, not using the same perfect form that a high level wrester would use. Plus their shot should be way slower and clunky looking. But anyways BJJ would actually matter if these things were implemented...as it is it's just wrestling and GnP on the ground.

Finally they need to rid the game of that stupid stick spinning nonsense...I'd much rather see a mini-game or something like EA is doing, anything other than button smashing or stick spinning. Hell i'd rather it just be button smashing b/c it's easier for everyone to do rather than spinning the stupid stick..I have big hands, and the ps3 controller is pretty small, so my spinning is horrible lol.

So i'll say this in closing, give BJJ fighters a real purpose in next years game and i'll be happy. As of now it's just a wrestling game on the ground. And I agree with everyone else, the CPU's submission skills are off the charts.

I understand that this is only the 2nd year of the game, and Standup is easier to get right than ground combat. The game is still fun when played with friends. Really really tough against the cpu though. Not sure if i'll even bother starting a career as i've heard alot of people having issues with it. Plus I wanted to create a BJJ fighter

I'm sure the developers did not want the game to get too complex, but in order to remain true to the sport, I hope they use these or some other suggestions to even the game out for the BJJ guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #32
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Ive subbed the ai couple times using the charging before shine system, were I failed to sub the ai once in 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »