Home

UFC 2010 Analog only Submission Game

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Analog only Submission Game within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:00 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: UFC 2010 Analog only Submission Game

Haha. THQ should provide us with another controller for shining. I always shine slow and try and get a good circle. I've got out of a few submissions, but mostly I am caught tapping. Yet I do pace myself and I'm not gassed.

Afraid to go fast on the stick, because I don't want to ruin it.

Any of you gents charge your submission before shining when initiating one? Juts curious if you get better results, because I haven't tried the charge and don't exactly understand it, to be honest. I know how to do it, but don't get the underlying reason for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #26
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Guys, I'm telling you, I believe that the "charge" method is a necessity when it comes to submissions.

After you initiate the sub, don't immediately start to "shine." Instead, wait for their stamina to drop. (Under half stamina is needed in my opinion, under 1/3 is great)

After their stamina drops, press the right stick in (R3 button) and hold it. The longer you hold it the more successful it can be, but if you hold for too long then you risk losing your sub.

Release the R3 button, you should see your fighter "crank" on the limb of your opponent and go for the sub. After this happens, start your shine.

If you're still confused, go to guide mode in the tutorial. I felt it explained it pretty well there. I got the hang of it in practice, then put it into play in exhibition matches.

I still think the submission system is overly difficult and that subs occur too infrequently. It's still difficult to sub the CPU this way. However, before tonight I had recorded absolutely zero subs on the demo or game. After practicing the charge method, I have 5 wins with subs tonight vs the CPU. (Albeit they were still a pain to execute successfully).

Hope that helps.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #27
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

see i was doing it wrong. i thought u didnt have to shine at all. i thought u just hold in the r3 button and then let go when your stamina is half empty and that it. so what u r saying is u shine for a lilttle bit then hold in the r3 button then let go and that it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
Guys, I'm telling you, I believe that the "charge" method is a necessity when it comes to submissions.

After you initiate the sub, don't immediately start to "shine." Instead, wait for their stamina to drop. (Under half stamina is needed in my opinion, under 1/3 is great)

After their stamina drops, press the right stick in (R3 button) and hold it. The longer you hold it the more successful it can be, but if you hold for too long then you risk losing your sub.

Release the R3 button, you should see your fighter "crank" on the limb of your opponent and go for the sub. After this happens, start your shine.

If you're still confused, go to guide mode in the tutorial. I felt it explained it pretty well there. I got the hang of it in practice, then put it into play in exhibition matches.

I still think the submission system is overly difficult and that subs occur too infrequently. It's still difficult to sub the CPU this way. However, before tonight I had recorded absolutely zero subs on the demo or game. After practicing the charge method, I have 5 wins with subs tonight vs the CPU. (Albeit they were still a pain to execute successfully).

Hope that helps.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #28
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
see i was doing it wrong. i thought u didnt have to shine at all. i thought u just hold in the r3 button and then let go when your stamina is half empty and that it. so what u r saying is u shine for a lilttle bit then hold in the r3 button then let go and that it right?
No, don't even shine at first. Just charge (hold R3) at the beginning. You'll see the "crank" animation and if you're close to pulling it off the screen will zoom in. You can sub people this way without even having to resort to the shine. But, if the sub still isn't accomplished after you charge, begin your shine AFTER the crank animation and screen zoom.

Hope I explained it better there.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #29
Rookie

Ultimo's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubsfan20
I can't seem to get a submission going, or better yet stop one. I try spinning the analog with speed, I've tried hold down the spinning it and that didn't work. I've tried having it pushed in and spinning it and that isn't working.

They really need a patch to give you a somewhat of a chance. Either that or make it easier. I've lost 4 fights to submissions. Thats my downfall right now.
i have done the same as you and have lost 90% of my fights because of submissions

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »