Home

Official Career Mode Thread

This is a discussion on Official Career Mode Thread within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Official Career Mode Thread

I'm around 27-3-0 right now. I had to fight Diaz 3 times before taking his belt; guy kept submitting me - both times when I was on top in guard.

I actually went in with a gameplan for fight #3. I learned the slam from single-leg against the cage that put me into side control so that he had no submissions to use. I just had to get him near the cage. Then I reversed a transition into mount, then reversed to mount postured up and TKO'd him (I've got massive ground and pound).

This is on beginner :\ I'm just doing it to get points for a main menu CAF as well as the sponsors... I lost 3 times on beginner, what the ****?

Anyway - I've wasted some time learning new moves. I did the Salaverry and then the elbow from that position, as well as elbows and hooks from mount. Basically once I'm in mount or Salaverry the fight is just about over in a matter of a few shots. All level 3 - and I've got 80 str and 70 offensive ground striking. I could up it, but I'm waiting to waste points that could decay until I'm about to retire, so I don't waste any for my main menu CAF (should I need them).
Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #50
Banned

So what do you have to do to get KO of the night?

Let's see. I'm 33-3-0 right now. I've got 33 KO's/TKO's and I've not gotten one KO of the night. I've KO'd people with superman punches, huge hooks, uppercuts, spinning back kicks, huge punches from mount etc... Nothing.

I've TKO'd people from mount, side control, salaverry with huge elbows... Nothing.

What gives?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #51
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I like parts of the career, but it could be a lot more thought out.
The rivals and friends could be so much better: I think if you rival someone from a camp(say blackhouse) you wouldnt be able to go there and train. There is no way Ed Soares would let Demian Maia go there and train/ Chael Sonnen.
Possibly for friends, i like the cheaper learning technique, but maybe you could have it where the would/could be in your corner for your fight. Or if your friend has fought your upcomming oppenent they would give you insight on what he does and doesnt do well.
This might just be me considering i like to look to see what other fighters do but, make it where teammates dont fight each other(Except for title shots)
And last but not least, i think there should be medical suspensions, but that is just me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 01:28 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

-KO of the night I got in the WFA. That was it. Unfinished feature
-Like I said before, friends & rivals while a good idea, just implemented into this game so shoddy. Its like they just rushed it at the last minute. Alot of career mode features are like this
-I just noticed, in my LHW, I am going for the belt. I lost to shogun 3x now. He just clnches me up, takes me down instantly from the clinch and auto mounts me. Takes a good 5 times to get back to my feet, same thing. Then I get subbed regardless of how high my sub d is...

Now the funny part about this....Shogun has fought no one but me for his last few fights in career. Check it out in your careers. 3x now after losing I have had to fight either Forrest, Tito or Silva for 2 more fights to get back to Shogun, while in the mean time, no one ranked below me gets a shot to move up and Shogun doesn't fight anyone cept me.

Career mode is utter trash. I feel insulted by THQ
Old 06-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 6

If I move down to LH from Heavyweight, my cardio is 80, my speed is 80, and my strength is 100.....will these change due to the different weight class "limits"? Also, once every single one of my stats is at 70, should I just try and put 1 point in each stat every time I spar to stop decay, or is about 100 points per spar not enough to keep these stable enough at higher levels (considering I also need about 2 weeks out of every fight to keep my strength, speed, and cardio stable).

Basically, just asking what to do after all my stats are 70, and my strength, speed, and cardio are maxed out?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've played through nearly an entire career in Light heavyweight and then moving up to heavyweight. At first I thought this mode was greatly improved from last year's. However, now I realize it's basically the same tedious crap.

The ability to customize your fighter by adding specific moves is a good addition. I can even live with the stat decay although I don't think it's realistic the way it is implemented. The mode is longer too which is nice.

BUT once again your stuck fighting the same guys over and over again. IMO this is a lazy way to set-up the career mode. There should at least be the option to have newly generated fighters enter the ranks as you get older. This doesn't sound like anything revolutionary and hard to add here, so why don't they do it? It's boring fighting the same fighters continuously.

That's my main issue with the career mode. I actually don't completely hate the gameplay, but I do think they should add a patch for the submission issue and tone down the flash knockouts just a bit.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJawedYokel
I've played through nearly an entire career in Light heavyweight and then moving up to heavyweight. At first I thought this mode was greatly improved from last year's. However, now I realize it's basically the same tedious crap.

The ability to customize your fighter by adding specific moves is a good addition. I can even live with the stat decay although I don't think it's realistic the way it is implemented. The mode is longer too which is nice.

BUT once again your stuck fighting the same guys over and over again. IMO this is a lazy way to set-up the career mode. There should at least be the option to have newly generated fighters enter the ranks as you get older. This doesn't sound like anything revolutionary and hard to add here, so why don't they do it? It's boring fighting the same fighters continuously.

That's my main issue with the career mode. I actually don't completely hate the gameplay, but I do think they should add a patch for the submission issue and tone down the flash knockouts just a bit.
This was the problem with last years career. They said they overhauled career the most. don't see how they did. They said aging and retiring was in there. Its not to an extent they led everyone to believe. This is what has me so furious. Along with not being able to get any ranked matches & the bugs that just lock up my game and ruin career also.

It really looks like this career was pieced together last minute. I still stand by my assumption that the release build we got was an earlier build then what they had & it just got tweaked enough to make release date.

Last edited by delspf; 06-02-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #56
Banned

How the heck do you learn certain moves when they're either impossible to pull off, or the game doesn't give you points.

Submissions... Good luck.

Then I was trying MT knees from the clinch. So it says to make attacks from an offensive clinch position. So I go and do that and there are two problems.

1.) the freaking AI turns it into a clinch battle and trying to get off strikes is nearly impossible

2.) when I do land 3 strikes finally it doesn't give me any points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »