Home

Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager

This is a discussion on Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
I agree that the KO rate needs to be tweaked, but the striking power is fine. They need too rework the stamina system so it is more costly to throw the big power strikes and maybe add a punch accuracy stat (or just make it a part of the standing strikes offenst stat).
Yes, there should be a stamina cost for spamming punches or kicks. This will force more strategy and perhaps help to taper the CPU's aggressiveness(though that still needs to be addressed separately with fighter AI).
Old 05-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #50
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Another thing that should be addressed is the auto sprawl. Dan Hardy under no circumstances should be able to stop a takedown from the like of GSP, Fitch, or Kos.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Another thing that should be addressed is the auto sprawl. Dan Hardy under no circumstances should be able to stop a takedown from the like of GSP, Fitch, or Kos.
Yeah - the sprawl block is pretty silly; same with 2009.

Especially now how you can block it, hold them up in the air for a second and then uppercut them sending them flying. Where did they come up with that?

Here's how I see it - takedowns should be based almost entirely on stats. Secondly, holding back for the sprawl function shouldn't be an auto-block but should maybe boost your defense rating a tad bit.

So if you don't get the sprawl thing held, it should be a quicker take down for the most part and maybe lower the defender's stat a small amount since they technically weren't prepared for it.

If you do hold it and get it, then it should go into a bit of a struggle and maybe raise the defender's stat a small amount too. Maybe have a hopping animation, or one where the defender kind of stumbles along with it, or in the case of a top level defender like Liddell was, just a pure stuff.

I'd just like to see stats matter more instead of this automatic - you were holding back so it's a block no matter what stuff. I guess I want to see more of the arcade stuff removed and more of the sim type stuff enhanced.

What this game begs for is a ton more animations and some actual randomness to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #52
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Yeah - the sprawl block is pretty silly; same with 2009.

Especially now how you can block it, hold them up in the air for a second and then uppercut them sending them flying. Where did they come up with that?

Here's how I see it - takedowns should be based almost entirely on stats. Secondly, holding back for the sprawl function shouldn't be an auto-block but should maybe boost your defense rating a tad bit.

So if you don't get the sprawl thing held, it should be a quicker take down for the most part and maybe lower the defender's stat a small amount since they technically weren't prepared for it.

If you do hold it and get it, then it should go into a bit of a struggle and maybe raise the defender's stat a small amount too. Maybe have a hopping animation, or one where the defender kind of stumbles along with it, or in the case of a top level defender like Liddell was, just a pure stuff.

I'd just like to see stats matter more instead of this automatic - you were holding back so it's a block no matter what stuff. I guess I want to see more of the arcade stuff removed and more of the sim type stuff enhanced.

What this game begs for is a ton more animations and some actual randomness to it.
Ive been fighting Dan Hardy using GSP for the past hour trying to take him down at will, which he did in their fight back in March. Im not counting the takedowns in which i countered his striking, but no matter what difficulty level, Hardy stuffed the majority of takedowns. This needs to be looked into further.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #53
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

I also think a faster stamina rate will make the ratings stand out more
Old 05-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #54
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Welcome Tank hope you enjoy your time here. I have played quite a few matches and I have had only one fight that went the distance as most are KO's with a few TKO's thrown in. I like the game but if they can rectify some of the problems that you guys have stated it will make it a much better game.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager

Hi Tank,

I think it would be wonderful if we could make super CAPS ---for private use only--no on line play. Please give us this option !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #56
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Too bad you couldn't go to Vegas Should be a great main event.

Thanks for posting on this site.

You've already gotten some good feedback from other vets, but let me add that submissions need to be looked at. It's near impossible to submit the CPU in this game.
Actually as it turns out they're overly easy and quite exploitable with the right fighter. Though with any other fighter they're as bad as percived.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »