Home

Submission Defense

This is a discussion on Submission Defense within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10
Submission Defense

Anytime I go to the ground with a fighter who has +85 submission rating, I am always opened up to a submission (even when I am in control on top).
-Is there a position that is less likely to get submitted, for instance side control?
-Is there a secret to not getting in a submission situation, like keep moving (rotating position)?
-What is the best chance of getting out of the submission, charge(RS push) before spinning)?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Submission Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
Anytime I go to the ground with a fighter who has +85 submission rating, I am always opened up to a submission (even when I am in control on top).
-Is there a position that is less likely to get submitted, for instance side control?
-Is there a secret to not getting in a submission situation, like keep moving (rotating position)?
-What is the best chance of getting out of the submission, charge(RS push) before spinning)?

Thanks for any help in advance.
i believe if youre in side control, the mount, north/south, sprawl or any of the back positions you cant be submitted from the top position. and getting out of the submissions is a crapshoot, same thing as trying to lock them in
Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i cant help you because if i get put in a submission i'm screwed because i have 0 chance of getting out.

I hate this shine crap
Old 05-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah stay out of guard and half guard. Especially half guard because the cpu will snap on a kimura in a heart beat out of no where. Really the safest is side control. Because going for the full mount you can be reversed.

Getting out of subs is truly a crap shoot with this shine BS, especially in the later rounds. That is why when I go for a takedown I immediately go for side control.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

How do you "charge"? I used to be able to get submissions all the time in UFC Undisputed 2009, but in this game, I don't know how, and I can never get the submission, and can never stop someone's attempt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhs63
How do you "charge"? I used to be able to get submissions all the time in UFC Undisputed 2009, but in this game, I don't know how, and I can never get the submission, and can never stop someone's attempt.
whenever you press down on the right stick to attempt a submission, keep it held for a few seconds and youll feel the controller start to vibrate (kind of like a heartbeat). when you opponents stamina reaches close to empty then go into the shine. thats how it was explained to me, but i was only able to get it to work on beginner haha
Old 06-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
whenever you press down on the right stick to attempt a submission, keep it held for a few seconds and youll feel the controller start to vibrate (kind of like a heartbeat). when you opponents stamina reaches close to empty then go into the shine. thats how it was explained to me, but i was only able to get it to work on beginner haha
The shine is when you spin it quickly, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »