Home

UPDATE regarding Signature Moves and Ratings

This is a discussion on UPDATE regarding Signature Moves and Ratings within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UPDATE regarding Signature Moves and Ratings

Hopefully in 2010 there are updates for this game through out the year.

In 2010 fighter's move sets are alot more complex compared to last year's game where mostly everyone with similar striking style fought the same way because of limited moves. This year they've added tons of signature moves, down to a tee. Fighters in the game actually fight the way they do in real life which is a great improvement from last year. But I did notice they left out a few moves.

I want to start off with Rashad Evans, in the game he fights in a southpaw stance but in real life he fights orthodox.

I'm not just naming random moves just as I see fit. I actually seen these fighters use it in fights and I'll name which fight so you can check it out for yourself.

LYOTO MACHIDA
left Long Superman Punch from southpaw stance (I seen him throw it against Sam Hoger from orthodox stance using his right hand. And also during his training so it's a move definitely in his arsenal)

NATE MARQUARDT
left Back Fist from orthodox stance (Fight against Wilson Gouveia)

THIAGO SILVA
right Superman Punch from orthodox stance (Fight against Tomasz Drwal)

SPENCER FISHER
left Long Superman Punch from southpaw stance (2nd fight against Sam Stout)

RYAN BADER
right Flying Knee from Orthodox stance (Fight against Keith Jardine)

RATINGS- Fairly accurate but some I think is way off.

Anderson Silva
-Submission Offense 64 ^ 70-75
(Very underrated you can say. has a black belt in bjj and can submit people if he has to. has submitted the likes of Travis Lutter whos a bjj blackbelt and Dan Henderson whos very hard to submit and only been submitted by the Nog brothers.)

Lyoto Machida
-Standing Kicks Offense 83 ^ 86-88
(Steve Cantwell has an 88 rating highest within LHW, I just think Machida is as good or better than Cantwell with kicks.)

-Takedown Offense 73 ^ 75-80
(Machida trained in Sumo and is really good with takedowns. Took down Tito Ortiz with ease. Even Shogun has better Takedown offense rating than Machida.)

Dan Henderson
-Standing Strikes Defense 73 ^ 86
(This is an outrage. Dan has one of the hardest chin in the game. Never been knocked out in his whole career or even knockdown I think. I would put it up there with Rampage who has an 86)

Wanderlei Silva
-Standing Strikes Offense 78 ^ 86/87
(Wanderlei is known for his devastating punches. Knocking dudes out left and right. Even Michael Bisping has better rating which is an 81, thats just ridiculous.)

Chuck Liddell
-Standing Strikes Offense 80 ^ 82-85

Anthony Johnson
-Standing Strikes Offense 79 ^ 83-85
(KO power in both hands he'll put anyone to sleep if he catches your chin)

Ryan Bader
-Standing Strikes Offense 72 ^ 75-78
(A little underrated, he has KO power in those hands. He should have a similar rating to Matt Hamill who has a 78, who has the same if not better hands than Hamill.)

Michael Bisping
-Standing Strikes Offense 81 v 72-75
(And 81 rating is just ridiculous for Bisping. Hes known for having soft hands not really a KO puncher just punches in bunches. Look at Patrick Cote and Chris Leben whos known for thei KO power and they only have a 77 rating.)

Frank Edgar
Standing Strikes Offense 83 v 75-77
(Don't get me wrong I think hes a great fighter but beating BJ Penn they might of overrated his skills. I mean BJ Penn has a 83 rating but he has alot more power in his hands than Edgar. Edgar just punches in bunches.)

Same thing goes for Sean Sherk whos a 79 (70-73) and Tyson Griffin whos an 81 (74-77). They're not know as power punchers just throws alot. I don't think Sean Sherk ever got a KO in his career. I can't even remember the last time he drop somebody with his hand. Diego Sanchez has a 73 raing but he actually knock somebody down before.

That's all I have for now. I haven't gone through everyone yet. More to come. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by L. BuЯNa; 06-02-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: UPDATE regarding Signature Moves and Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. BuЯNa
Lyoto Machida
-Standing Kicks Offense 83 ^ 86-88
(Steve Cantwell has an 88 rating highest within LHW, I just think Machida is as good or better than Cantwell with kicks.)

-Takedown Offense 73 ^ 75-80
(Machida trained in Sumo and is really good with takedowns. Took down Tito Ortiz with ease. Even Shogun has better Takedown offense rating than Machida.)
I will only touch on two of these.You can think Machida kicks are just as good but i can tell go watch all of Steve Cantwell fights something i did just last week.Steve Cantwell throws higher percentage of kicks than any fighter in UFC and you don't realize it because he does it so fast he uses kicks like a jab,He throws about 2-3 head level kicks minimum a round.He has one of larger variety kicks i have seen you know the flying two step kick that Machida did against Tito and is in the game, Cantwell has also done that kick in fight.

Everybody is not going to like the rating i think Jon Jones ratings are off,but o well.Plus you don't seem to understand the rating themselves standing strikes don't indicate power that is what strength rating does,standing strikes is more like proficiency,accuracy and mastery of punches.Power comes from the strength rating .That why in career mode i am killing people with KO with a 50 standing strikes and 30 standing kicks and 95 strength rating.

As for machida takedown needing to be higher,he can takedown anybody in game with his special takedown so the rating is just fine.Jon jones has done superman punch in fight,Jon Jones has done a flying knee in a fight,Jon Jones has thrown spinning high round house kick,Jon Jones has done judo throws.My point is this for the most part they have tried to add moves that person done regularly,one time in fight is not enough.

Other than Anderson Silva need slightly higher subs you are off on just about everything

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »