Home

UFC Undisputed 2009 vs. UFC Undisputed 2010

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2009 vs. UFC Undisputed 2010 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: UFC Undisputed 2009 vs. UFC Undisputed 2010

Well so far, just like last year, the only real fun I've had with this game has been playing with buddies. For that alone, this year's is better just because of the updated fighters, better graphics, more transitions/moves and all around better presentation.

Online and career mode are different stories.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #10
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

yeah after being about ready to turn this game in i had some friends over for the fights last weekend and it really reminded me of how fun this game can be. the shotty ai, impossible submissions and stupid transition rules go out the window when you play someone whos familiar with the game. still though, not all my friends have the game and i cant have them over everyday to play it. most people online are straight cheesers so im forced to deal with the problematic CPU in career and the exhibition modes. for me its a mixed bag, i think we have essentially the same base game but mostly everything theyve added/tried to improve upon is flawed
Old 06-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I say 10, easily. Mostly because I really enjoy Event Mode.

As for gameplay....not being able to get a submission on the CPU with submission fighters is a real headache. Just like last year.

But Escudero has submitted me 3 straight times as the CPU fighter. And he's rated a 60 in offensive subs. Backwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

i need some serious help on reversals. i dont know if they changed the timing from 2009 or if im just rusty but i just a clinic put on me by bj penn. he reversed everything and submitted me 30 seconds into a fight. please help!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm a very average player and on Advanced, I find the CPU to put up a good challenge against me in 09.

I like the chess-checkers analogy and I agree; 09 really makes you think every fight.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

2010 is by far the better game. But it completely RUINED certain areas of the game. 1) Stamina is nonexistent 2) Auto-transition blocking created a HUGE reversal issue 3) Small issues such as the Omaplata escape 4)Instant take downs 5) Just to many unbalanced issues.

2009 had worse AI. But as far as online play it is 10x better than 10. It was balanced much much better. Everything had a counter.

Finial View - Give me 2010 strike system with the leaning. 2010 submission system and the presentation of 2010. Put it in 2009 gameplay and I would be a happy customer.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I'm a very average player and on Advanced, I find the CPU to put up a good challenge against me in 09.

I like the chess-checkers analogy and I agree; 09 really makes you think every fight.
See, I guess it depends on skill level.

2009 never made me think. Against a striker you can go in there and just spam power attacks all day and kill the AI and against a ground fighter you just let them shoot and block it, then reverse their attempt to pull guard and you end up in full mount; proceed to beat their face in and game over.

The AI was absolutely horrendous and because of the entire lack of flash KO's and submissions by the AI there was about a 0% chance of actually losing.

2010 I've actually lost a few times because of flash KO's and subs - even on beginner. Which is a big step up. I lost to Diaz twice because the fight went to the ground and I didn't get up fast enough. There was no danger of that in 2009 at all if you had decent sub defense.

I'd say 2010 makes you think more because there's the chance of you getting put away if you're not careful. ****, I got flash KO'd on beginner in my career because I got pulled into a slugging match and got caught.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

I like 2010 more...if even tho the submission system is kinda whacked (which is my biggest problem) It does seem more challenging...i dont think I lost once the the AI...right now, I been messing with Title Mode, and I can't get the LHW Belt from Machida. He's made me tap 7 times in 7 matches. (All in the first round I believe lol)...I do have yet to go to decision, or get a submission, so if anyone has any tips on getting submission vs the AI, or defending against the AI's submissions...hook it up.

I do dig 2010, 2009 has its good points too, but if ya think about it it had its lows too...I do find 2010 more challenging, and well more fun. Its got its low points, but it is just a game.

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »