Home

Silence is never a good sign

This is a discussion on Silence is never a good sign within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Silence is never a good sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
he said "EA is a company that has the trust of the masses". this guy is way more stoned than i could ever be
He's right.."we" are not the "masses"

Madden forums across the Interwebs doesnt count..

If he was wrong, Madden would have been out of business 5 years ago...
Old 06-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

again EA is a distributor. each game has a developer. this is why some games like fifa work great from the start online while bad company, godfather 2 sucked terrible online. same distributor different designer. EA owns almost every gaming company out there. of course their distributorship will generate sales. NCAA is terrible. sales show that. run commit alone ruined it. i like most football gamers wait till this year for all the promised changes to these games. and EA needs to make these changes faster than we want them.

EA Tiburon makes madden. one of ea's biggest franchises.

2007 9.08 million sold
2008 7.70 million sold
2009 7.52 million sold
2010 6.18 million sold

yea i get it, there are other factors but the game has sucked on this gen. ncaa has been worse. i don't blame tiburon for either but ea for rushing both games out right after next gen launch. its been catch up for tiburon ever sense.

good post ggazoo
Old 06-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #11
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
EA has mass appeal, more than any other game developer, apart from maybe Nintendo. But EA is a household name and is recognized around the world for good games. They may not be the best with regard to standards set in forums like this one, but you can't deny that the casual gamer can play it save by buying an EA game and know that it won't suck totally. They are in the business for too long to not have some brand image that can sell video games. This is not personal opinion but in fact, looking at the sales volume they have. Like it or not
I was kind of joking in my post. Good point nevertheless.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

I personally think UFC 2010 is about 5x's better than Undisputed 2009. Strikes look better, Kicks look better. I have not one issue with this game. Some people need to stop with these expectations, I mean really, its a VIDEO GAME. If you want the real thing that you watch on TV then go step into a caged octagon. No video GAME is perfect.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

THQ is silent right now because they're on vacation, in case some of you missed Tank's post in his thread introducing himself.

I can guarantee this game will get patched. This isn't NHL 2K we're talking about where the funds just aren't there. It's just a matter of when that patch (or patches) will come out. Hopefully it doesn't take long because last year's game was good, it just needed some improvements. They made those improvements this year, but they broke a lot of things on the way in.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrauf04
I personally think UFC 2010 is about 5x's better than Undisputed 2009. Strikes look better, Kicks look better. I have not one issue with this game. Some people need to stop with these expectations, I mean really, its a VIDEO GAME. If you want the real thing that you watch on TV then go step into a caged octagon. No video GAME is perfect.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #15
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't want to see another post in this thread about EA. EA has absolutely nothing to do with this game.

This thread will not turn into another EA bashfest. There are plenty of those threads already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrauf04
I had zero expectations for this game being significantly better than 2009. The one and only issue that caused me to sell this game was the KO issue, which is the most widely accepted issue everyone who's played this game can see. That issue was not in 2009 because it was a much more balanced game, where fighters played like their real life counterparts. This year, is a completely different story. It has nothing to do with being perfect. There's a difference between needing perfection and wanting a half-realistic game; You will notice I didn't say 100% realistic game. I've only had 5 non-flash KO ends to my matches offline. I've played over 75 matches. It's a problem for me. It's a problem for others. It will be patched, I'm sure. THQ will announce a fix for it, recognizing the problem. I simply don't have the patience to wait around. Last year it took them 3 months to release the patch to fix the most ridiculous case of an online quiting bug I've ever seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »