Home

Silence is never a good sign

This is a discussion on Silence is never a good sign within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 02:51 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Silence is never a good sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
THQ is silent right now because they're on vacation, in case some of you missed Tank's post in his thread introducing himself.

I can guarantee this game will get patched. This isn't NHL 2K we're talking about where the funds just aren't there. It's just a matter of when that patch (or patches) will come out. Hopefully it doesn't take long because last year's game was good, it just needed some improvements. They made those improvements this year, but they broke a lot of things on the way in.
I don't meant silence on the developer's side, but silence on the gamers side. It became really quite in the last few days which shouldn't be the case, given that the game was released two weeks ago.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #18
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
I don't meant silence on the developer's side, but silence on the gamers side. It became really quite in the last few days which shouldn't be the case, given that the game was released two weeks ago.
I heard they were deleting negative feedback on the UFC forums...There's not much good to talk about, so thats prolly why its silent...
Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
Ah, ok. I misread your OP.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #20
WWE / UFC Community Manager

THQ Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

Deleting negative feedback on our official forums was an unfortunate false rumor. It's like, if our moderators actually "moderate", folks complain, and if they don't, folks complain, so you lose either way.

But, deleting negative feedback, as long as it was constructive and not constant swearing, hasn't been touched. We can't have a forum with people breaking Terms of Service, swearing, cussing, racism, spamming etc left and right. But I worked at EA for 6 1/2 years, trust me, I know how to take negative feedback, very well, and let people grill you.

I'm here, I came from EA, I helped pioneer their way of community managing, even though I was on a smaller PC franchise in C&C compared to the Maddens, but I loved our community, and I loved being passionate about our fans.

That is what I intend to bring here to THQ, that way of thinking. And I will do whatever it takes to help get you that support.

Just know, patching isn't easy at all. With console games, you have to deal with 1st party (MSFT & Sony), their processes, QA, etc. Many people think when you patch a game it's a one button click to deploy the fix out. If only it were as easy as PC. One of my goals is to work with the dev team and see if I can't inspire more renegade ways to get patches completed without all the overhead processes. Its very difficult for all developers and publishers to "hot fix console games", but I will work at it as hard as ever and will fight for you daily. I know the dev team wants to support, that is why they brought me in. Unfortunately, they brought in someone who likes to kick down doors to, or maybe that is fortunate for them, hehe.

That's what I do, happy to be here and do the same for UFC / WWE that I did for EA, and much more. I hope my time and actions prove themselves out, just getting my bearings on, during launch week no less! Great time to jump in the fire. Thank you fate, thank you, you are so kind to me...

-Tank

Last edited by THQ Tank; 06-02-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

thanks for the response Tank - I read your post on the THQ forums about what you are addressing via patch and you had mentioned "flash kos" - I just wanted to clarify (and correct me if Im wrong community) but I think what people are not happy with is that the KO ratio to TKO ratio is way out of whack - we dont want fighters to absorb a crap load of damage without going down - but there should be more TKO stoppages than KOs.

Also I have hardly ever seen a Flash KO from out of nowhere- its always KOs from an accumulation of damage - if anything, tune those up a bit - thanks again for addressing the issues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by THQ Tank
Deleting negative feedback on our official forums was an unfortunate false rumor. It's like, if our moderators actually "moderate", folks complain, and if they don't, folks complain, so you lose either way.

But, deleting negative feedback, as long as it was constructive and not constant swearing, hasn't been touched. We can't have a forum with people breaking Terms of Service, swearing, cussing, racism, spamming etc left and right. But I worked at EA for 6 1/2 years, trust me, I know how to take negative feedback, very well, and let people grill you.

I'm here, I came from EA, I helped pioneer their way of community managing, even though I was on a smaller PC franchise in C&C compared to the Maddens, but I loved our community, and I loved being passionate about our fans.

That is what I intend to bring here to THQ, that way of thinking. And I will do whatever it takes to help get you that support.

Just know, patching isn't easy at all. With console games, you have to deal with 1st party (MSFT & Sony), their processes, QA, etc. Many people think when you patch a game it's a one button click to deploy the fix out. If only it were as easy as PC. One of my goals is to work with the dev team and see if I can't inspire more renegade ways to get patches completed without all the overhead processes. Its very difficult for all developers and publishers to "hot fix console games", but I will work at it as hard as ever and will fight for you daily. I know the dev team wants to support, that is why they brought me in. Unfortunately, they brought in someone who likes to kick down doors to, or maybe that is fortunate for them, hehe.

That's what I do, happy to be here and do the same for UFC / WWE that I did for EA, and much more. I hope my time and actions prove themselves out, just getting my bearings on, during launch week no less! Great time to jump in the fire. Thank you fate, thank you, you are so kind to me...

-Tank
I personally appreciate the going into detail effort that you have show and not just some words of encouragement to keep games strung along. Good luck in your new position
Old 06-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #23
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Its the KO vs Rocked ratio

If most of those "one punch KO's" were just a rocked moment, everyone would be happy...

As of right now, a Rocked moment is rare and a "One Punch KO" happens all the time..

I also would like to add that logically, more rocked moments would also be another way to make subs come easier (but please, still do something about the stamina rate)

Someone may try and finish the fight via Sub instead of a flury of punches (which BTW the fighter he's using may not have the punch power to end it)

To sum it up, we the user just want to be able to finish the fight like we see our fav UFC/MMA fighters do all the time in the ring/octagon

thats what made Mortal Kombat so good in the arcades

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-03-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #24
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Its the KO vs Rocked ratio

If most of those "one punch KO's" were just a rocked moment, everyone would be happy...

As of right now, a Rocked moment is rare and a "One Punch KO" happens all the time..

I also would like to add that logically, more rocked moments would also be another way to make subs come easier (but please, still do something about the stamina rate)

Someone may try and finish the fight via Sub instead of a flury of punches (which BTW the fighter he's using may not have the punch power to end it)

To sum it up, we the user just want to be able to finish the fight like we see our fav UFC/MMA fighters do all the time in the ring/octagon

thats what made Mortal Kombat so good in the arcades
And (as others have stated), being rocked (on the ground especially) shouldn't automatically make you a limp punching bag. You should be able to at least try and scramble or defend yourself to get your bearings back. Rampage vs. Rashad is a good example, Rashad admitted that he went kind of numb when Rampage knocked him down and was pounding on him, BUT Rashad was able to recover, defend, escape and eventually turn the tables and win the fight.....we should be able to do that too.

In over 30 matches I have only gone to the third round one time, and that ended up in a flash knockout.....this really needs to be addressed badly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »