Home

So who's holding on to it and who's trading it in?

This is a discussion on So who's holding on to it and who's trading it in? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: So who's holding on to it and who's trading it in?

Considering gamestop is giving **** towards trade in, its hard to decide. I been trying to get a refund completely for this crap.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

MC I am in your same boat

I played 09 more than any game I own. It literally stayed in my xbox. 10 Has been in my xbox a handful of times since I bought it. Online is soooooo terrible. I also only bought it for online. I am not much of a offline player.

I am currently holding out for the patch. I truly think they will fix it. But I will say I enjoy 09 a great deal more than 10. Only reason I won't trade it is because of the loss I would receive. Instead I would sell it on ebay
Old 06-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
Considering gamestop is giving **** towards trade in, its hard to decide. I been trying to get a refund completely for this crap.
Sorry but no one owes you a refund. If you don't like the game that's your fault for making a bad buying decision and not doing enough research before hand. So in the end the only one you can blame for you unhappiness (with the game) is yourself.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am sorry but this sounds like a fanboys response.

Features they advertised do not work.
Things they said they address were not addressed. How is this "my fault"?.
I bought a product that was advertised with features in the game that are seriously flawed to the point they make said features unplayable or just do not work period.

I would not have preordered this game if they said DLC fighters would not be in career mode or be able to be used online. Hell I have only been able to play 1 ranked game since release. The state of the online play is below any standard that is expected from a gaming company.

There is a reason the price on this game dropped $20 1 week after release. There is a reason trade in value is under $20 2 weeks after release. There is a reason most forums dealing with this game are an utter mess with questions regarding non working features in the game.

Hell even the fight camps and tournaments on the main website aren't even working.

I know there are times when people buy a game, they may not like it and thats understandable for not deserving a refund but this game is entirely different. In my 20 years of video gaming I do not think I ever seen a video game released by a veteran company in this condition. Especially not one on a major console lately that had as much "high fake reviews" as this game.

Last edited by delspf; 06-11-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Sorry but no one owes you a refund. If you don't like the game that's your fault for making a bad buying decision and not doing enough research before hand. So in the end the only one you can blame for you unhappiness (with the game) is yourself.
Jeremy, normally I would agree with this statement. But I can't on UFC 2010. There is just so much that THQ hid well. I played the demo plenty and thought it was good, the few issues they noticed and said they were looking into. Then we get the full game and realize the problems reach MUCH further than we were ever able to see.

Combo that with the fact it seems like every reviewer was paid to give excellent reviews. I NEVER complain about my buying decisions on games. Because like you said, it is up to us to read reviews and do our research. But for this case wtih UFC 2010. I completely disagree. I mean just look around at the HUGE uproar 2010 has caused. That means 100,000 of people made "bad buying" decisions????? I don't think so, instead it was THQ marketing team doing a great job. Plus the fact 09 was soooo successful and a great title, most figured they would build on a great foundation. Instead the ruined a great title.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:

I bought a product that was advertised with features in the game that are seriously flawed to the point they make said features unplayable or just do not work period.

I would not have preordered this game if they said DLC fighters would not be in career mode or be able to be used online. Hell I have only been able to play 1 ranked game since release. The state of the online play is below any standard that is expected from a gaming company.

There is a reason the price on this game dropped $20 1 week after release. There is a reason trade in value is under $20 2 weeks after release. There is a reason most forums dealing with this game are an utter mess with questions regarding non working features in the game.

Hell even the fight camps and tournaments on the main website aren't even working.

I know there are times when people buy a game, they may not like it and thats understandable for not deserving a refund but this game is entirely different. In my 20 years of video gaming I do not think I ever seen a video game released by a veteran company in this condition. Especially not one on a major console lately that had as much "high fake reviews" as this game.
Well said Delspf, I completely agree
Old 06-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:

Still it was you choice to make an uninformed buying decision. You could have rented the game or waited and made an educated buying decision but, you didn't choose that route so it's on you.

It's like if you go to a restaurant and order a sandwich off the menu. When the sandwich comes out you notice it's not what you ordered but, eat it anyway and don't like it. Then you want you money back for eating the ****** sandwich.

Sorry but, things don't work that way. You chose to buy the game so, now you can either sell it or trade it in and take the hit (price-wise) or wait on a patch and pray like the rest of us. The only the I can certainly guarantee is you can keep crying about this all you want but, you will never get a refund.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Jeremy, normally I would agree with this statement. But I can't on UFC 2010. There is just so much that THQ hid well. I played the demo plenty and thought it was good, the few issues they noticed and said they were looking into. Then we get the full game and realize the problems reach MUCH further than we were ever able to see.

Combo that with the fact it seems like every reviewer was paid to give excellent reviews. I NEVER complain about my buying decisions on games. Because like you said, it is up to us to read reviews and do our research. But for this case wtih UFC 2010. I completely disagree. I mean just look around at the HUGE uproar 2010 has caused. That means 100,000 of people made "bad buying" decisions????? I don't think so, instead it was THQ marketing team doing a great job. Plus the fact 09 was soooo successful and a great title, most figured they would build on a great foundation. Instead the ruined a great title.
I don't think everyone who bought the game made a bad buying decision. Only people who bought it, hate it and are to impatient to wait on a patch. They are the people who made a bad buy, IMO.

Also, do you think you DESERVE a refund on this game?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »