Home

The Latest Patch News For UFC Undisputed 2010 (6-11-10)

This is a discussion on The Latest Patch News For UFC Undisputed 2010 (6-11-10) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: The Latest Patch News For UFC Undisputed 2010 (6-11-10)

Thanks for the news...But...

unless the HUGE amount of KOs are addressed and reduced and if stamina isnt going to impact the stand up game or is tweaked extensively, i have ZERO interest in ever putting UFC10 back in my 360.

Those 2 areas BREAK this title for me...When my LW was on a 13 fight KO streak and striking (kicks and punches) was by far MY WEAKEST RATINGS (PURPOSELY) that is a design problem/bug/glitch whatever you want to call it....I call it BS x10....Thats ARCADE crap.

Just a disaster of a game overall IMHO.

Last edited by SA1NT401; 06-14-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #34
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

I had 5 or 6 fights yesterday go into the championship rounds (one 5 round decision win for me too) and 3 or 4 that went to decision on 3 rounds. I dunno, I'm way less frustrated with the KO frequency. It's still too many vs. TKOs and decisions, but not that bad. I don't know what the difference is from early on, maybe I'm just getting better at the game and not getting caught so bad with those LB shots that end the fights so early.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #35
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Played w/2 friends last night. Between the 3 of us, we had about 30 fights. 2 submissions and about 4-5 tkos. Everything else was by KO.

the more and more I play the less the KO's bother me and the more the ground games pissed me off! It's damn near impossible b.c you get kicked off after 3 attempts by your opponent or you're forced to just sit their and flick the right stick. win cheap or get beat cheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
I had 5 or 6 fights yesterday go into the championship rounds (one 5 round decision win for me too) and 3 or 4 that went to decision on 3 rounds. I dunno, I'm way less frustrated with the KO frequency. It's still too many vs. TKOs and decisions, but not that bad. I don't know what the difference is from early on, maybe I'm just getting better at the game and not getting caught so bad with those LB shots that end the fights so early.
I'm curious - were you trying to get to a decision and is your fighter really, really bad in terms of stats?

The only way I've gone to a decision was when I've purposely tried to - which meant basically no head attacks - just leg kicks, body shots, and takedowns. Which really bores me, because I like to try to fight.

Other than that, I can only imagine you'd have to gimp your character's stats so that he's almost at 0 for stand up, then you just have to play really defensively and rely on winning decisions.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #37
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
I'm curious - were you trying to get to a decision and is your fighter really, really bad in terms of stats?

The only way I've gone to a decision was when I've purposely tried to - which meant basically no head attacks - just leg kicks, body shots, and takedowns. Which really bores me, because I like to try to fight.

Other than that, I can only imagine you'd have to gimp your character's stats so that he's almost at 0 for stand up, then you just have to play really defensively and rely on winning decisions.
Nah, just normal fights online against randoms via Quick Match and/or a custom Exhibition with standard settings and UFC fighters. I tend to use weaker characters, but I am definitely not 'nerfing' myself and trying for decisions. I'm certainly cautious of their big strikes and tend to keep my distance and get out rather than eat 4-5 uppercuts or elbows in 2 seconds, but I readily engage them both standing and on the ground and am not purposely trying to avoid anything except getting punched in the head.

Dunno why my experience has been so much better recently... I played for about 4 hours yesterday total and had a great time, with only 1 or 2 fights that annoyed me or ended in a ridiculous manner (one guy nailed me with 4 Rua elbows in a row that I couldn't block and then KO'd me with a head kick in like a minute). The rest were pretty much hard-fought battles that ended in a variety of ways, including GnP from backmount, submissions, and lop-sided decisions. One fight I was killing the dude and ended up winning 30-26 or more on all 3 cards but nobody got KO'd despite both of us being dead tired and above 90% head damage by the end.

I beat several GSPs and Brocks, some high-ranked guys, a few MT clinch cheesers (those dudes have NO chance against me haha, I ****in love it), some submission spammers (and sub switch spammers, who think they're hot ****), and RS flickers with ease. I know the reversal timing inside and out and don't ahve to resort to that crap to win... I don't like the reversal system in these games on the whole, but I sure as hell can use it to my advantage both on the ground and standing...

I dunno too much... (copyright DookieMowf, all rights reserved)

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 06-14-2010 at 04:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »