Home

TUF 11 Finale - Saturday, June 19th

This is a discussion on TUF 11 Finale - Saturday, June 19th within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: TUF 11 Finale - Saturday, June 19th

Haha, I was just happy to see McSweeney get crushed. Browne looked good and was humongous! Height-wise, I mean by that. But it was only the first round.

McSweeney thought he was great on TUF, because he trained with Rashad previously. Looks like he learned nothing.

He looked 10-0 for a reason, though.

Good job for McGee, but I don't see HUGE potentional. McCray came in with great shape compared to TUF.

Siver was a suprise over Fisher. But solid win for him.

Never got to see the Leben bout, but glad to hear he won.

Yager just isn't the same after the first round, he has alot of potentional though, IMO. Attonito looked good after he figured Yager out. That combination at the end was impressive.

But overall, glad to see McSweeney get his face crushed. Hamill/Jardine was a good fight. Though Jardine's lose, might be his last in the UFC. Hopefully not, because Jardine has a decent fanbase.

Keep Jardine as a gatekeeper. Maybe he can make SOME kind of run out of it, as long as he is not hit on the chin.

Hamill won't ever be a title contendor, IMO. But you never know, good fighter from what he has to overcome.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #74
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMerling
Haha, I was just happy to see McSweeney get crushed. Browne looked good and was humongous! Height-wise, I mean by that. But it was only the first round.

McSweeney thought he was great on TUF, because he trained with Rashad previously. Looks like he learned nothing.

He looked 10-0 for a reason, though.

Good job for McGee, but I don't see HUGE potentional. McCray came in with great shape compared to TUF.

Siver was a suprise over Fisher. But solid win for him.

Never got to see the Leben bout, but glad to hear he won.

Yager just isn't the same after the first round, he has alot of potentional though, IMO. Attonito looked good after he figured Yager out. That combination at the end was impressive.

But overall, glad to see McSweeney get his face crushed. Hamill/Jardine was a good fight. Though Jardine's lose, might be his last in the UFC. Hopefully not, because Jardine has a decent fanbase.

Keep Jardine as a gatekeeper. Maybe he can make SOME kind of run out of it, as long as he is not hit on the chin.

Hamill won't ever be a title contendor, IMO. But you never know, good fighter from what he has to overcome.
how did you catch the mcsweeny fight? anyone help me out here?

and I agree, and don't think it's Jardine's last fight. He almost beat rampage and basically lost in the last 10 seconds. And this fight I had him winning or a tie if not for the bullship deduction. - that really was a surprising deduction to me.

Ad to this the simple fact that not everyone can be a champion. You need a ton of really solid fighters. You can't just cut someone because they are losing fights on the stat sheet. Watching Jardine's fights, there's no way you cut him. AND i disagree about his chin. It's not weak, he can take punches.

But yeah, unless Jardine is losing to guys who don't even belong in the UFC, he has a place there. Hamill isn't a bottom feeder, so you can't cut him...and add to that, many people thought Jardine won in actuality.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #75
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm a fan of Jardine and I would love to see him make a run. Unfortunately, at this point all he is is a gate keeper. I don't think I've ever seen someone lose 4 fights in a row (let alone 5) and remain in the UFC so, if he loses is next fight I think he's gone for sure.

Personally, I'd like to see him fight Forest or Chuck again (yeah I know Dana said he's out of the UFC) next. I love rematches and would rather see him in a good fight like that rather than just becoming a gatekeeper.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #76
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3

Not a bad night last night.

Glad McGee won, was rooting for him all way through the series. He just outclassed McRay throughout the fight.

Highlight of the night was Yager getting his arse kicked again.
He always looks good in the 1st but after that he gets desperate and starts throwing wild strikes.
Plus when he gets hit you can physically see his will to fight just drain out of him. No heart at all.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
how did you catch the mcsweeny fight? anyone help me out here?
It was shown on Spike immediately after the Mcgee vs. McCray fight.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 18

Yager need to go see the Wizard and ask him for some heart.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #79
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Granted i do not like Jardine, but his last 4 losses have been against good fighters.
Rampage
Thiago
Bader
and Hamill
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #80
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Good to see McSweeney get his face beat in.
He did? Awesome! I don't know who I can't stand more, him or Brendan Schaub. They both think they are way better than they really are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »