Home

Chael F'n Sonnen

This is a discussion on Chael F'n Sonnen within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #33
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Chael F'n Sonnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yea he has plenty of ways to win. But wrestling is for sure his weakest area. So someone like Sonnen puts him at a better chance to lose than say the Victor Belfort fight. I think Anderson would completely destroy Victor. Because Victor style leads perfectly into Silva's strength. Silva would counter Victor trying to exchange with him and you can say good night Belfort.

Now Sonnen on the other hand. His style matches up well against Silva. He will try to get in close, keep as close to Silva as possible, and try to put him on his *** every chance he can. Plus we can all agree solid wrestling bases have had great success in the UFC.
Yes wrestling bases are great success. But you could also said Hendo was a bad matchup for him because of KO power and great wrestling. You start on your feet though, if he tries to stand with him, he's getting KOed. Andersons standup is just wow. His KO of Leben was amazing, granted it was a while back.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Yes wrestling bases are great success. But you could also said Hendo was a bad matchup for him because of KO power and great wrestling. You start on your feet though, if he tries to stand with him, he's getting KOed. Andersons standup is just wow. His KO of Leben was amazing, granted it was a while back.
His stand up is the best in MMA right now. Flat out there is no one out there better at striking than him.

He is something like 70% strike accuracy for his career so far. With opponents only having a 24% accuracy against him. Which is low, but is not even that far off compared to the average strike accuracy of fighters is the 35% range. Anderson is double that plus he makes people miss at rates no one else can achieve.

I mean he has NEVER had a fight with a strike accuracy of less than 50% i believe.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #35
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

LMAO @ "turn your disk over at Rodizio"

This guy's funny at least... hopefully it doesn't get knocked out of him when Silva's knee flies through the back of his head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #36
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Just re-watched the Hendo fight and wow. All I gotta say is after watching that my faith in Chael has increased. If Hendo would've stuck to the strategy he employed in the first, there's a good chance he wins that fight. And it wasn't like Silva was dominating him standing, Hendo actually landed some pretty good shots. It was just one moment of Hendo being overaggressive and playing to Silva's strength that resulted in him getting hurt, taken down and then finished.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #37
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
His stand up is the best in MMA right now. Flat out there is no one out there better at striking than him.

He is something like 70% strike accuracy for his career so far. With opponents only having a 24% accuracy against him. Which is low, but is not even that far off compared to the average strike accuracy of fighters is the 35% range. Anderson is double that plus he makes people miss at rates no one else can achieve.

I mean he has NEVER had a fight with a strike accuracy of less than 50% i believe.
I dont know, but he does have unbelieveable accuaracy and power. Plus he has a great chin, and great ground game= P4P 1 fighter in world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »