Home

Should there be New Ratings for UFC 2011?

This is a discussion on Should there be New Ratings for UFC 2011? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #9
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Should there be New Ratings for UFC 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
So Anderson Silva should only be 1 point higher than any mw fighter even though he is imo best fighter in world, or in general top 3 fighter?
It's not just 1 point, it's 16 total points. Some people may be rated high at one thing like Vitor Belfort with great standup boxing, but he is average at best at some other things. He may not have that much of a lower overall number compared to someone like Nate Marquardt who in the game has about 75+ in each of his ratings. I would definitely rather have 16 points distributed around every skill rather than just standing strikes. Overall does not tell the story of the fighter, it's about their individual skill ratings.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm so pissed off at this years game, I don't wanna even think about next years
Old 06-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would be surprised if there is a 2011.

For entertainment sakes I will go along with this though.

Chin rating without a doubt. Fighters should also have the ability to have a certain attack as a "special" in a sense. Like said above, Crocops LHK was brutal. This should be more powerful then any random joes LHK.

Chin & heavy hands are two areas I think they have.
They could also do what mmatycoon does and have hidden values for fighters, especially CAFs.

If you never played mmatycoon, here is a screen shot of what i mean. Those hidden values are say listed from 1-150. Higher usually being the better. You have the option of selecting 3 of them which would give a boost of 30pts to said selections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mmaty.JPG (21.3 KB, 42 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #12
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
It's not just 1 point, it's 16 total points. Some people may be rated high at one thing like Vitor Belfort with great standup boxing, but he is average at best at some other things. He may not have that much of a lower overall number compared to someone like Nate Marquardt who in the game has about 75+ in each of his ratings. I would definitely rather have 16 points distributed around every skill rather than just standing strikes. Overall does not tell the story of the fighter, it's about their individual skill ratings.
I know, but have you played career mode. The stats need to be better overall so anderson silva doesnt end his career with 20+ losses. Every top contender really.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I know, but have you played career mode. The stats need to be better overall so anderson silva doesnt end his career with 20+ losses. Every top contender really.

That has nothing to do with the overall. Have you seen the other fights? Frank Mir was in a fight that included the submission of the night.... Brock Lesnar was the winner. There simulation system is all out of whack.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

I think the better question is will there be a UFC 2011. Sales fell so much, that THQ might not make it an annual release. It's fine with me though, sometimes these quick dev cycles lead to problems with the games (see UFC 2010).
Old 06-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #15
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
I think the better question is will there be a UFC 2011. Sales fell so much, that THQ might not make it an annual release. It's fine with me though, sometimes these quick dev cycles lead to problems with the games (see UFC 2010).
I hope EA blows the doors off so THQ gets their head out of their asses. I still can't believe 2010 failed like it did. Sway, clinch, and cage interaction were great! Things I will miss for sure going back to 2009. But it seems everything else they touched turned to hot steaming ****. I loved the ground game last year, and while I like finishing from every position this year, the ground game wanted to make me turn my matches into boking or K1 matches. Good riddance 2010. Hope they get their **** together for 2011, if 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #16
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I hope EA blows the doors off so THQ gets their head out of their asses. I still can't believe 2010 failed like it did. Sway, clinch, and cage interaction were great! Things I will miss for sure going back to 2009. But it seems everything else they touched turned to hot steaming ****. I loved the ground game last year, and while I like finishing from every position this year, the ground game wanted to make me turn my matches into boking or K1 matches. Good riddance 2010. Hope they get their **** together for 2011, if 2011
True, in all honesty if they just put the sway cage interaction in 2009s game i would be happy. But i also liked the event mode, tourny mode, title/defense mode as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »