Home

How Much More Childish And Vindictive Can Dana White Get?

This is a discussion on How Much More Childish And Vindictive Can Dana White Get? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
How Much More Childish And Vindictive Can Dana White Get?

If this story is true (which it seems to be) things like this are the reason why I can't stand Dana White. Apparently Tapout was making (and taking) pre-orders for a Fedor Tapout t-shirt. As soon as Dana White finds out, he threatens to ban Tapout from the UFC. Seriously Dana? I mean you are that upset at Fedor not signing with the UFC that you are doing everything in your power to prevent the man from making money and gaining sponsorship now? This is so ridiculous it's not even funny.

Apparently the same thing happened when RVCA was making Fedor apparel, and that time Dana White actually did ban RVCA from the UFC. So RVCA dumped Fedor (causing him to lose and estimated $1 million dollars), and now they are magically back working for the UFC. Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with it being Fedor, if it was Brock Lesnar (who I am not a fan of) it would still be wrong....period. To intentionally blackball someone and try to prevent them from making money (endorsement/sponsorship wise) because they didn't sign with your company is straight up scummy, and I thought it was even below Dana White, but apparently not.

Here is the link to the story:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/M-1...sorships-25329

Last edited by Illustrator76; 06-26-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How Much More Childish And Vindictive Can Dana White Get?

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me. He did the same thing with EA MMA when they tried to sign on some UFC guys. Dude is ****ing ruthless.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
Honestly, it doesn't surprise me. He did the same thing with EA MMA when they tried to sign on some UFC guys. Dude is ****ing ruthless.
Yeah, but to mess with a mans money that has nothing to do with your company is a pretty low level of scummy. In some parts of the world people will kill over $2.00. I'm not saying it's right, it's just that you don't mess with a mans money under any circumstance, especially for no reason at all. Man I can't stand Dana White.

Instead of screwing Fedor, Dana White should be focused on making sure HIS video game doesn't lose money for him....that would be a smarted allocation of his time considering some of the issues UFC Undisputed 2010 is dealing with right now.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 06-26-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Yeah, but to mess with a mans money that has nothing to do with your company is the lowest level of scummy. In some parts of the world people will kill over $2.00. I'm not saying it's right, it's just that you don't mess with a mans money under any circumstance, especially for no reason at all. Man I can't stand Dana White.
Oh believe me, I'm not standing up for him. I'm just saying it's what I've come to expect from the guy. If he doesn't get his way or you stand up to him, he blacklists you. Just look at what happened to Tito for awhile. I agree with Fedor on this in some regards. The UFC has taken over MMA and Dana is a dictator.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
Oh believe me, I'm not standing up for him. I'm just saying it's what I've come to expect from the guy. If he doesn't get his way or you stand up to him, he blacklists you. Just look at what happened to Tito for awhile. I agree with Fedor on this in some regards. The UFC has taken over MMA and Dana is a dictator.
True, and what really sucks is that Tapout tells Fedor's people there will be no problems because Tapout was there before the UFC, yet they wilt like a flower in a sauna when Dana White barks at them.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 06-26-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Companies do it all the time.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Welcome to business 101
Old 06-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Companies do it all the time.
To hold a grudge against one person like that is straight vindictive. They even said that other non-UFC guys work with Tapout all of the time and have never had a problem. That leads me to believe that pure spite, and not business reasons, are behind what Dana is doing to Fedor. I mean $1 million dollars ain't nothing to shake a stick at. I believe in what goes around comes around, and I hope when it comes around for Dana White it comes around extra hard.

It also makes no sense to me business wise because Dana's whole plan is to SIGN Fedor, all he's doing is further driving a divide between Fedor and the UFC and angering Fedor and his people in the process. That's not very smart business to me.

Plus, as I said before, Dana White should be more concerned about HIS video game sales/returns/issues instead of focusing on screwing one man out of endorsement deals.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 06-26-2010 at 05:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »