Home

Dana White Response to Fedor Loss

This is a discussion on Dana White Response to Fedor Loss within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Dana White Response to Fedor Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
Fedor is a great fighter who would most likely run through the UFC's heavyweight division. Sorry.
Tear through the lower and mid levels, sure. He'd have a hell of a hard time with the top UFC HW's.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Tear through the lower and mid levels, sure. He'd have a hell of a hard time with the top UFC HW's.
We'll agree to disagree. Like I said, I'm a fan of the UFC. But, they're not stacked in the heavyweight division like some try to make them out to be.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
We'll agree to disagree. Like I said, I'm a fan of the UFC. But, they're not stacked in the heavyweight division like some try to make them out to be.
Carwin, Velasquez, Lesnar, Dos Santos, and maybe even Nelson could give him a hell of a fight. So saying he'd certainly blow through them absolute nonsense.

It's not like the guy has totally dominated everyone he fought, like people like to think, either. He's been rocked, he's been slammed, he's been swept, and he's been submitted. He has weaknesses just like anyone.

Hell, if he were taking on Lesnar, I'd put money down on Brock. He could take him down and lay on him and go 5 rounds just peppering him with shots and not opening himself up for a submission. He'd have a great chance at beating Fedor.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 07-01-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #12
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I agree that Fedor's a top tier HW, but he's not worth the money he's trying to get. He's nowhere near as big a draw as he thinks he is, and therefore not worth what he's asking for.

Why should the UFC break the bank for something that's not gonna pay off? I know Fedor's trying to take care of himself and M1, but I don't blame Dana one bit for turning down Fedor's offers. They flat out don't make good business sense at all for the UFC.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
I think Dana is letting his ego get the better of him. What if Fedor gets a rematch, and wins? I like Dana more than Fedor, but Dana needs to put his personal feelings aside and be more professional. He always attacks those who he feels are overrated, but as soon as they want to sign on the dotted line he acts like nothing ever happened. I wish somebody would call Dana out for once, and see if he has the guts to step up to the plate.
Good points. He flammed Kimbo for quite a while and then slobbered all over him when he signed him.

Dana's an amazing businessman and he knows how to sell tickets. But he's too personally attached in some ways. He spits venom on anyone who doesn't bend over for the UFC.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #14

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Good points. He flammed Kimbo for quite a while and then slobbered all over him when he signed him.

Dana's an amazing businessman and he knows how to sell tickets. But he's too personally attached in some ways. He spits venom on anyone who doesn't bend over for the UFC.
How did he slobber all over him? I remember him giving Kimbo credit for going on TUF to try and enter into the UFC but other then that he wasnt really "slobbering" all over him as you put it.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Carwin, Velasquez, Lesnar, Dos Santos, and maybe even Nelson could give him a hell of a fight. So saying he'd certainly blow through them absolute nonsense.

It's not like the guy has totally dominated everyone he fought, like people like to think, either. He's been rocked, he's been slammed, he's been swept, and he's been submitted. He has weaknesses just like anyone.

Hell, if he were taking on Lesnar, I'd put money down on Brock. He could take him down and lay on him and go 5 rounds just peppering him with shots and not opening himself up for a submission. He'd have a great chance at beating Fedor.
I didn't say he would certainly blow through the heavyweight division, I said he most likely would. Of course, anybody can be caught by a heavy punch or surprise submission. But, if I was forced to put money on those fights, I would put it on Fedor in each one.

I also never said he totally dominated all of his opponents. Sure, he has been slammed, rocked, swept, and submitted once in ten years and 30+ fights. But, he has won all but two of those fights that he's been slammed, rocked, swept, and submitted in. That's not a fluke.

It is my opinion that Fedor is the best in the world, I don't care if Dana White says he isn't because he hasn't fought the best the UFC has to offer. I would LOVE to see him fight the UFC's best. But, he doesn't need to fight every guy in the heavyweight division to be called the best.

Sorry. Again, we can agree to disagree and I'll be happy to leave it at that rather than going back and forth in and endless argument that neither of us will persuade the other to think differently in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
How did he slobber all over him? I remember him giving Kimbo credit for going on TUF to try and enter into the UFC but other then that he wasnt really "slobbering" all over him as you put it.
I heard Dana on Opie and Anthony and other radio shows going off about what a great guy Kimbo was, how dedicated he was to the sport, how he's a big draw, etc.

Meanwhile, before he went on TUF, Dana couldn't blast this guy enough.

Dana talks out both sides of his mouth all the time.

How many times have we heard Dana talk trash about Fedor and then every year it seemed we'd read about how he was trying his hardest to sign him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »