Home

Frank Mir wants 3rd fight with Brock Lesnar‎

This is a discussion on Frank Mir wants 3rd fight with Brock Lesnar‎ within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who do you think wins Lesnar/Mir 3?
Brock Lesnar 57 91.94%
Frank Mir 5 8.06%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Frank Mir wants 3rd fight with Brock Lesnar‎

Mir is too small for heavyweight......That is the same reason why Vera dropped from heavyweight, Rashaad dropped from heavyweight. Sure they are atheletic enough to be in heavyweiight and beat the lower tier, but they physically aren't big enough or strength wise to hang with the TRUE heavyweights of Brock, Carwin and Cain.

I mean Mir got beat down pretty damn bad by both Carwin and Brock. They used his head like it was a speed bag. Mir should drop to 205 and let Shogun KO his arse LOL.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

I have no interest in seeing a 3rd fight. Mir hates getting punched in the face. Once Brock tags him he'll go into turtle mode again.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #19
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Carwin took advantage of a man who had ring rust, and by the end of the first Brock got back into killer mode. I believe Mir deserves a third match, but he needs to earn it first. I say Lesnar in the first.
Lesnar didn't have ring rust. He only ever had a handful of fights, has wrestled forever, and relies on his physical power and size anyways. Carwin needs to be shamed for bringing such horrible cardio to a huge fight. Despite his experience, he got excited and gassed himself while brock wasn't really in any real danger on his back. Dumb.

As for Mir, **** off. I don't want to see a 3rd fight ever.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:16 AM   #20
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Lesnar didn't have ring rust. He only ever had a handful of fights, has wrestled forever, and relies on his physical power and size anyways. Carwin needs to be shamed for bringing such horrible cardio to a huge fight. Despite his experience, he got excited and gassed himself while brock wasn't really in any real danger on his back. Dumb.

Listen, I played football and when I lost a year to a broken arm I had to get back into hitting shape. It took me a whole game to get back into the swing of things.

Yes it was only his fifth fight, but he was put in three fights in a year, and when you leave for a year and are not ready for that first hit you loose some momentum and have to readjust your self. If he got hit by three other fighters and didn't cower up like that than he was showing signs of rust. When he got into his corner he was told to start fighting his fight and to not cower up and go for the shot, that was his corners way of telling him to shake off the rust and stop being afraid of getting hit, and in the second round we saw a man who was a little more settled in.

And are you calling me dumb or Carwins move to go for the finish.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Mir needs to get out of the Octagon and he needs to focus on his career of color-commentary. He is a good analyst.

If he fights Brock again, he may lose too many brain cells to continue in the booth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount

Lesnar wasn't in any real danger?

Being a longtime wrestler, only having a few fights, and relying on size and power should prevent you from having ring rust after a year? What are you talking about????
Old 07-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #23
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Mir needs to get out of the Octagon and he needs to focus on his career of color-commentary. He is a good analyst.

If he fights Brock again, he may lose too many brain cells to continue in the booth.
Agreed! Mir is an awesome, knowledgeable and very well spoken commentator. I would prefer he go in that direction too.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #24
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Mir is too small for heavyweight......That is the same reason why Vera dropped from heavyweight, Rashaad dropped from heavyweight. Sure they are atheletic enough to be in heavyweiight and beat the lower tier, but they physically aren't big enough or strength wise to hang with the TRUE heavyweights of Brock, Carwin and Cain.

I mean Mir got beat down pretty damn bad by both Carwin and Brock. They used his head like it was a speed bag. Mir should drop to 205 and let Shogun KO his arse LOL.
How is Mir too small for the HW division? Against Carwin, he weighed in right at the 265 limit, or very close to it. He's been around 245-255 for his other fights since he returned from his injury.

I'd like to see a rematch with Big Nog. I think it's a good fight for both guys.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »