Home

Strikeforce Houston 8/21

This is a discussion on Strikeforce Houston 8/21 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #41
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Strikeforce Houston 8/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Your right htere, but the lashley bout was a huge ref screwup.
New breed of ref trained by Undisputed 2010. I remember saying a ref would never stand up anyone from the mount after it happend in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 10

I have no problem with Strikeforce promoting King Mo. The UFC does the exact same thing with numerous other fighters. King Mo will be very good in the future.

Feijao was getting good hype before his loss to Kyle as well. I think Feijao vs Mousasi is one of the matchups that SF will probably try to get done, and that will be a good fight.

And yes, the stand-up from mount is like Undisputed 2010. Ridiculous ****.

The worst thing about Noons's knee, whether it landed or not, was the intent of it. He puts down Gurgel, then looks at the ref, and then throws it. I guess he really took the meaning of fighting until the ref stops you.. as Schorle's attempt to "stop" the fight was pathetic too. That's why I have respect for guys like Nate, who let up after he took out Maia, or Shogun who got up before the ref pulled him off of Machida.

Last edited by XFactah416; 08-22-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #43
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Lashley needs to learn how to do something on the ground once he gets in a good position

Noons' knee was illegal, but it was technically over before that...still sucks he'd throw that knee when he knew Gurgel was done, cheap move

Jacare won that one, i agree with the decision

King Mo just got dominated...hadn't seen any other of his fights, but I thought this was easy for Mo given the promotion.

Side note on Strikeforce presentation: I hated how during the Jacare fight they'd cut to stupid interviews between rounds...I'd much rather see/hear the corner advice or something else.

Also, they need a new director, we saw the back of Big John's head way too much in the two title fights. It's like they couldn't get it to a screen without the ref in the way. I just really noticed this for some reason, but never before have even thought about it, so it must have been bad/obvious.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

There have been fighters stood up from mount already. Just because you are in mount doesnt mean you are safe. Lashley was stalling. What he was doing was no different then being in guard.

SF ****ed up overall though. Between Noons punch/kick, plain bad refs, no drug testing and the oxygen used by noons and mo...yea this isnt even a 2nd class organization.

edit: Mo is over rated big time btw. I honestly thought he should have loss to gegard in their fight
Old 08-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 10

Any referee who stands up fighters from mount is terrible. John Schorle surpassed Dan Miragliotta on Saturday with that pathetic refereeing job.

No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

SF is still the second biggest U.S. organization, but two of their faults that you listed aren't even their own. Texas is the problem with no drug testing and terrible refereeing. It reminds me of when people blame the UFC for the judges.. hello, they don't hire the judges or the referees. The State Athletic Commission does. Deflect your blame towards them.

However, it was ironic for both KJ and King Mo to have some kind of oxygen can in there with them and deliberately using them as well. SF's problem is not giving their fighters enough fights.

Mo is overrated right now, but he will be very good in the future. He did beat Gegard though, or at least in my book. That fight though featured both guys gassing out like crazy and Gegard just throwing little punches off his back. Snoozer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #46
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFactah416
SF is still the second biggest U.S. organization, but two of their faults that you listed aren't even their own. Texas is the problem with no drug testing and terrible refereeing. It reminds me of when people blame the UFC for the judges.. hello, they don't hire the judges or the referees. The State Athletic Commission does. Deflect your blame towards them.
yeah, the internet is full of people blaming SF for the refs, hilarious. However, SF does look lazy on the drug testing thing. The UFC sees that it's done for each event, even in countries that don't even require them. It wasn't a huge secret that Texas doesn't test either, especially after the UFC went there.

SF is the #2 org in the US, and should carry a higher standard in that area. It just gives the UFC something to point to and say they do better or more responsibly.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #47
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Come on SF. SMH

From Middle Easy http://middleeasy.com/:

Quote:
Sometime between yesterday and today, a new foreign substance allegedly went into play for select fighters of last night’s Strikeforce card. These screenshots below show a substance being ingested by King Mo and KJ Noons (coincidentally betting favorites) before their respective bouts.

Quote:
Both containers appear to be the same substance and were ingested similarly by both fighters. They also resemble bottles of pure compressed oxygen like these that when ingested, could considerably improve an athlete’s stamina & cardio. What makes this interesting is that compressed oxygen is a substance banned from nearly every endurance sport, including MMA; in every state, including Texas.

Quote:
The first thing you’ll notice that whatever that substance was, it’s not on the approved list above. For those of you wondering what the big deal is, the concept of breathing pure oxygen can help a free-diver double submersible time. It also helps climbers breathe at high altitude so that they can continue to ascend mountains at an normal pace, despite thin air. The entire concept behind the compressed-oxygen spray is to keep an athlete from tiring out, which would be OK, except when one person has this cardio-boosting puffer while his opponent doesn’t. Even if both sets of fighters in last night’s Strikeforce card were utilizing the oxygen supplement, it didn’t seem like there was any way to regulate how much either fighter ingested. Plainly, the more pure oxygen you consume, the better your cardio will be for the duration of the fight, and this introduces a significant variable in last night’s performances that we’ve never seen before.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #48
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Wow, how the hell are they (Texas athletic commission, or whoever) gonna let that one go? Jeez, way to ruin your promotion, idiots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »