Home

THQ to Release Next UFC Game in Winter 2012 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on THQ to Release Next UFC Game in Winter 2012 (Press Release) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #17
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: THQ to Release Next UFC Game in Winter 2012 (Press Release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I hope this means they realized the poor sales weren't due to RDR but the things they messed up in the game which made it worse than 2009..

(I enjoyed 2009 even with it's shortcomings..)
I could not agree more Pete. What really stinks is that this game was one of my most anticipated games of the year. This game for me was easily the biggest disappointment of the year. They started off with a great effort with UFC Undisputed 2009, I just don`t get how they screwed up with 2010 so bad.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
I guess you didnt realize Dana White hates EA. He went as far as to say any UFC fighter to appear in the EA game would be cut. Now obviously he has backed off about that but he hates EA. If THQ tanks the next game, then he might start thinking about it but even then his hatred for EA is too deep.
Did EA do something to UFC? I imagine there has to be some history behind that.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

White likes money more than he "hates" EA ... if it makes him money, his "hate" will disappear.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #20
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Did EA do something to UFC? I imagine there has to be some history behind that.
He went to EA first about making a UFC game. They told him something along the lines of its not a real sport or something. They completely disrepected his sport and to his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
White likes money more than he "hates" EA ... if it makes him money, his "hate" will disappear.
Not really. I am not going to go far to debate it (in fact last post then moving on) but you underestimate his hate for EA. I even said in my post how he might back off slightly but there is no "White would definitely give EA rights." The company disrespected him in a way he wont let go. Go ahead a just search for some info on it, that hate isnt going anywhere anytime soon, money or not.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
He went to EA first about making a UFC game. They told him something along the lines of its not a real sport or something. They completely disrepected his sport and to his face.

Not really. I am not going to go far to debate it (in fact last post then moving on) but you underestimate his hate for EA. I even said in my post how he might back off slightly but there is no "White would definitely give EA rights." The company disrespected him in a way he wont let go. Go ahead a just search for some info on it, that hate isnt going anywhere anytime soon, money or not.

Exactly. Plus its not like UFC 2010 was a sales failure. It just didnt sell as much as 2009 and THQ started to question whether there is enough demand for a UFC game every year. White is still very happy with THQ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I guess you didnt realize Dana White hates EA. He went as far as to say any UFC fighter to appear in the EA game would be cut. Now obviously he has backed off about that but he hates EA. If THQ tanks the next game, then he might start thinking about it but even then his hatred for EA is too deep.
I hardly put any weight to anything White says anymore. While I doubt he hates EA as passionately as some believe, he is ultimately a businessman that has to hype up his company. Besides, Peter Moore wasn't even at EA at the time, and has said nothing but great things about the sport. EA isn't the company it was when White apparently shopped a game to them.

I'd rather EA not get the UFC license anyways. Competition is great, and I doubt another company would even attempt a non UFC MMA game like EA is.

Last edited by bkfount; 09-15-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #23
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Just ask Tito,Kimbo and Fedor.

Fedor's a bum,no way is he P4P #1...
Free agent time! Here's 1.5 mil per fight and an automatic title shot!
He didn't sign? Fedor's a bum!

Last edited by goh; 09-15-2010 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »